How Far Along? 14 weeks When I've heard people say the second pregnancy flies by they weren't kidding! How have we already made it to 14 weeks?! Praise the Lord for a healthy little growing baby.
This time around I am modifying what I learn through Praying Through Your Pregnancy for Suzanna Grace. Each week the book shares what part of the baby is developing and gives a prayer for Mom's to pray over the growing baby. I think that it is so important for Suzanna Grace to pray for her sibling(s) and want to share this experience with her. I have been modifying the prayers in the book to 2-3 sentence prayers for SG, Kyle, and me to pray together, over and over throughout the week. I write them on our small chalk board in the dining room so that we see it often. I also try to think of talking points and activities that SG and I can do related to what's developing this week with the baby. Now I know that SG is only 14 months BUT she understands SO much and even if she cannot verbally communicate answers to all of the questions, it still gets me talking to her about the baby and allows her to hear positive and encouraging words about herself as well as things we will try to teach the baby. I hope that when I have a little time on my hands (maybe when my kids have kids-HAHA!) that I will be able to put all of these together in a book of sorts to share with others who are expecting their 2nd plus.
This is actually what we are using for Week 13-I'll go a week behind on this since I change the prayer few days after the new week begins.
What's developing: baby's vocal cords
Prayers for the baby this week: Lord, we pray our babies use their voices to speak words that lift up and encourage. Help them to reject negative words. Amen.
(AND...this one wouldn't fit on the chalk board: Lord, we pray that our babies, as well as all those (children and adults) in their lives, use their voice to speak words that lift up and encourage. We pray that they will reject negative words that bring sadness and hurt. Please guide us to model for our babies how to be a person know for speaking words of life. Amen.)
Things to talk about,write down, or make for baby from Suzanna Grace:
What are some positive words? Negative? What are some positive words that you have spoken to others?
Positive words: love you
Negative words: NO!
Examples: Suzanna Grace puts a smile on others face by smiling and waving at them. Sometimes she even blows a kiss. Even when she sees a stranger in the store she makes eye contact and says, "Hi!" Folks always stop to say hi back and to comment on how sweet she is. One day SG gave a lady a hug when we were getting our car cleaned and the lady said, "I was having a really bad day, but that sweet baby just made it better."
Make a list of some positive things that you will say/teach the baby:
-please, thank you, I love you
-how to share
-how to blow kisses
-how to make others smile by waving and saying "HI"
Size? lemon
Maternity Clothes? not yet :)
Weight Gain? none. I was 122 at the Dr visit a week ago (12.5 weeks) which I think is where I was when I went in at 7 weeks.
Stretch Marks? Nope but I am not being shy about using my Momma Belly Butter either!
Stretch Marks? Nope but I am not being shy about using my Momma Belly Butter either!
Gender? At our last appointment the sono tech told us that she THOUGHT she knew the gender...but I am a little unsure. I told her that I would rather let the baby get bigger and for her to be 100% sure before we started getting too excited. BUT at our new DR we can go in at 17 weeks to find out! We should fine out June 24 and are thinking of doing a little gender reveal that weekend during Ath-fest. I don't think we can beat fireworks so we will probably just do them again!
Sleep? So,so. I try to take a little nap at least once during he day with SG which has helped a LOT!
Movement? You know...I feel a lot going on but I am not sure if it's the baby or not. I didn't feel SG until around 19 weeks and think that this is probably a little too soon to really be feeling the baby move...but maybe. We know that s/he is a mover because when we went in for the 12.5 week sono baby Mo was was ALL over the place. S/he flipped, kicked, waved, and moved all around. What a blessing!
Food Cravings? Food kind of makes me sick. ugh. At first I could only stomach Marty At Mid-days chicken salad on a slice of wheat bread and as of this week Jimmy Johns is really all that I can get down. I am still loving cold, fresh fruit, sour patch kids and Diet Dr. Pepper. This has been a really healthy pregnancy so far....
Anything making you queasy or sick? the thought of red meat...yuck. Also just having a hard time eating anything that I make.
Labor signs? none and hopefully none for a while
Belly button in or out? HAHA-IN and hoping that we can make it through summer that way!
Wedding rings, on or off? on :)
What I Miss? nothing
Symptoms? none
Happy or Moody? happy. I am so excited to watch our family grown and to have a sibling for SG. We are so blessed.
Best Moment of the Week? FINALLY starting to feel better AND sharing donuts with big sister.
Looking forward to... finding out the gender and getting started on the new nursery
Looking forward to... finding out the gender and getting started on the new nursery
How Far Along? 16 weeks
Maternity Clothes? I haven't bought any yet but I can tell that my clothes are starting to fit differently. I bought a few new flowy summer dresses that should grow with me.
Weight Gain? I was only up a pound or two at our last DR visit and I'm sure I'll be up another1-2 at our visit on Wednesday. I've finally been able to eat normally again so hopefully that will help. Also drinking apple juice in the AM like I did with SG.
Weight Gain? I was only up a pound or two at our last DR visit and I'm sure I'll be up another1-2 at our visit on Wednesday. I've finally been able to eat normally again so hopefully that will help. Also drinking apple juice in the AM like I did with SG.
Stretch Marks? Nope, Burt's Bees Momma Tummy Lotion
Gender? We get to have a "sneak peek" sonogram at our appointment on Wednesday! We are planning to let SG dig into a cupcake that has a blue or pink filling and also shooting off a pink or blue firework :) a little more chill this time but nonetheless exciting!!
Sleep? So, so. I'm stomach gets tight when I lay on one side too long. I'm getting plenty of nighttime sleep though and trying to at least lay down for one of SGs naps.
Movement? I am pretty sure that I can feel Baby MO already. Quick jabs and kicks here and there-mostly in the AM and right before bed (probably the only times I'm not chasing around big sister).
Food Cravings? Oh how I love a Coke! SG and I have also been taking advantage of happy hour at Steak and Shake for their cookies and cream milk shake.
Anything making you queasy or sick? Luckily this has gotten better. I'm still not a huge fan of anything I've prepared except for a turkey sandwich BUT Kyle is on a new "no white carbs" diet so he has been grilling meats and veggies every night for supper-yummy!!
Labor signs? No!
Belly button in or out? I'm not sure that it ever totally went back in so it's creeping out faster than last time.
Wedding rings, on or off? On and fitting just fine...we will see what this southern summer does to my fingers though!
What I Miss? An occasional Blue Moon or Creature Comforts beer. That's really it!
Symptoms? All good so far!
Happy or Moody? How can you not be happy?! I'm blessed with everything that I've ever dreamed for and more! I'm reminded everyday that babies are such miracles and because of that I cannot complain or get down about anything unpleasant related to pregnancy. What a gift!
Dr. Visit Update: We go on Wednesday
Best Moment of the Week: Getting to see my parents when they came in to keep SG while DaDa and I head to Amelia Island. What a fun "baby-less" trip with sweet friends!
Looking forward to... Finding out the gender and sharing his or her name! (We know our girl name and parts of the boy name.)









No comments:
Post a Comment