Suzanna Grace started her first day of Mother's Morning Out today!
When we went to the grocery store Sunday afternoon, SG got to pick a breakfast treat for her first day. A chocolate donut with sprinkles is exactly what a 16M old needs for her first day...right?
Roller Coaster rides before school make for a FABULOUS first day!!
I mean, have you ever seen a more precious baby. We tried a few times to get the traditional "sitting on the front steps with your backpack" picture but our girl is anything but traditional and only wanted to pose on her new roller coaster. I hope she never changes! On a side note, I think I may love eyelet ruffled socks with converse even more than I love her SeaWee sandals.
After Dada left for work, Mama still had to finish getting dressed and ready for a doctors appointment. In true SG fashion, she took the opportunity to splash (clean) potty water all over the floor and her dress, find some other sticky substance and get it in her hair, and smear shaving cream all over Mama's shirt. Needless to say she and I will both be getting dressed in the car before we get out for school from now on.
Ms. Carol let me walk in with SG and get her settled. She was excited to play with new toys and her friends. I slipped out but watched for a few minutes from the window. She needed her pacci for a little bit but her teachers said that she had a fabulous day. They commented that she loves to hold hands.
This sweet baby was SO tired when I picked her up. She fell asleep on the drive home and I just had to capture how sweet my baby is when she is asleep. Bless her...bless her...bless her.
Thoughts from today:I think that one of the hardest things that you ever have to do as a parent is to let someone else have the privilege of taking some responsibility for your child. It's hard to relinquish that total responsibility for even a few hours. I pulled away wondering: will the teachers hug her when she looks sad or scared, will she be the same spunky and brave girl that she is when we are together, will the other kids be sweet to her and will she be sweet to them? It's a first lesson in giving up some control. I remember when I went to college my mom said that I had to "spread my wings" and that she knew that she had taught me well so she wasn't worried. I'm on board with that train of thought...but what about everyone else? Have they all been taught well? Will my precious baby have to see the "bad" in the world without me there to guide, comfort, explain, and shield? (Good heavens, it's. 3 hour MMO program...at a church...get it together Momma!)
All in all, our girlie had a great first day and I am so happy about what the year has in store for her (us). This is such a precious season of life (I have said this about all of them...and I am sure that I will about every season going forward too.) I truly wish that I could just bottle the feelings, moments, smells, sounds, etc. that go along with her at this stage and keep them forever.
Lord,
Thank you for Suzanna Grace and all of the teachers who will be apart of her life. Help them to guide her in your direction and to help her become a world changer. Amen.
Suzanna Grace's "Student Inventory" for 2015:




















No comments:
Post a Comment