Image Map
 photo moore-header_zps8e3044af.jpg

Saturday, November 9, 2013

20 Week Update

Well hello there Baby Girl!  After several rounds of cropping and editing the picture I think that the bump is a little exaggerated BUT rest assured she is there. :)  And yes this is a selfie that I took in GAP...it was just becoming too hard to only do a picture with that cute little gold framed chalkboard.  So much for Pintrest-er of the Year. 
How Far Along? 20 weeks = HALFWAY there!  I cannot believe it!  HOORAY!  I was telling Kyle today, it's weird to see that the number of weeks that I have been pregnant are now more than the number of weeks that we have left before we meet baby Girl.


Size? 

Baby is:
 


Maternity Clothes?  Bought some tops from Gap today and some maternity leggings too.  I look much more pregnant in maternity clothes.  I think it's because my tummy is not confined/miserably forced into my pre-pregnancy pants.  The Belly Band has been fabulous and I have been able to wear said pants comfortably all day long.  Kyle's Momma told me that she and her friends used to loop an elastic tie from their pants button loop back to the button.  She was very impressed with all of the advances in pregnancy stuff. 

Weight Gain? Not sure.  Last DR visit was 6 lb. but I bet at our appointment in this week I will be up to 10ish.  I feel great though!  

Stretch Marks? Nope.  Still looking for some good pregnancy lotion.  Right now I just lather up with the lotion that I normally use. 

Gender? A sweet little GIRL! We have a name, kind of, but we are not 100% sure just yet.  We had a boy name picked out and have not really talked about any other girl names...I have been testing it out this week by referring to her by name throughout the day.  I always make sure to say it in a very strong southern accent which I think is one of the reasons I love it so much.

Sleep?  I have been exhausted after work everyday this week, most likely because of our fun filled weekend and not getting much sleep.  I am just making a point to come home after school and take it easy on the days when I can.  Lord knows after Baby Girl gets here those relaxing afternoons will be few and far between.  

Movement? Here and there.  I don't feel her during the day when I am running around at school but when I sit down I can feel jabs and flutters.  Still cannot feel anything on the outside yet.  I CANNOT wait for Kyle to be able to feel her!

Food Cravings? Anything sweet...but that's not surprising at all.  I am also eating a ridiculous number of mini-oranges each day.  Oh and hot chocolate makes me super happy.   
Anything making you queasy or sick? No, thank goodness. 

Labor signs? No!  Still have 20 weeks to go.  Half way there!

Belly button in or out? Still in but looking different by the day.
  
Wedding rings, on or off? On. Now that it's getting cold my fingers are shrinking...for now anyways. 

What I Miss? Nothing really.  Well maybe that daily mid-day coke-a-cola.  

Symptoms? Nothing to report.  Thank goodness!  

Happy or Moody? SUPER happy!  I dream about this sweet child every single night and wake up in the morning thinking of the rest of our lives with this (and hopefully many more) little Moores!  It's also nice to know that nearly everyone (I'll tell my students' parents on Tuesday) knows so Baby Girl is talked about all day long!

Best Moment of the Week? 
1. Finding out that Baby MO is a sugar and spice and everything nice PRECIOUS baby GIRL!
2. Finding a potential nanny for Baby Girl during the school year.  She is the mother of a student at my school, who I actually teach in afterschool, and keeps up to two children in her home...which also happens to be less than a mile from my school.  She currently keeps another teacher's child and is excited to possibly keep Baby Girl next year too.  The best part is we won't have to continue paying a nanny or daycare over the summers while I am out of school.  Kyle and I are excited to sit down with the lady, visit her home, and talk details.  Her son is just as cute, well behaved, and friendly as he can be which is very telling of her as a mother and Nanny.  She is also bilingual so Baby Girl would learn spanish too.  Smarty-pants!

Looking forward to..being able to feel more movement from Baby Girl, hearing her sweet heart beat and asking the DR 1,000,000 questions at our appointment on Wednesday, and going home for Thanksgiving to continue the nursery designing!

Also...Hip,hip, Hooray for my very BRAVE cousin Cori Sullivan who just (naturally) delivered her baby girl, Georgia Leigh, this week.  Congrats Mark, Cori, and Big Sister Stella Claire! We love y'all!  


If this picture doesn't make you pray for sisters (or brothers...or really just any sweet siblings for your children) then I don't know what will.  
Thanks for letting me borrow from FB.



1 comment:

  1. Love!! I love that you say the baby girl names in the strongest southern accent possible. Like there is any other way to say it! lol!

    ReplyDelete