I can remember in college after holidays like this when Kyle would head back to Chicago and I would call my Momma from the School of Ed. bathroom crying because I just knew that the time between me seeing him again would last FOREVER. She would always say to me, "GA you will be okay. When I am feeling sad I stop to count my blessings and it always reminds me of all that I have." Now if you know my Momma, you know that she is the most positive, encouraging, and uplifting woman on the face of the earth and for that I am grateful and count her as one of my biggest blessings.
I believe the hymn goes something like this (at least this is how I sing it in my head...) "Count your blessings....name them one by one...count your many blessings, see what God has done."
Actually...here it is:
Now don't get me wrong, I was not facing burdens or thinking that my "cross was too much to bear" over this trip, in fact I my heart was nearly exploding with joy and happiness. Being that I often have to stop myself in all of God's glory and just bask in his goodness to be truly THANKFUL, this song played through my mind over and over again.
So...in no particular order (and I may even forget a few) let me take a moment to count my many blessings...and name them one by one...
Of course the real #1 is the Good Lord....because He blesses and keeps us. I know that He is the reason for all of this happiness and for that I praise Him. Thank ya Lord!
1. This guy. Bless him.
His patience...I attempted and was partially successful at carrying this suitcase onto the plane on Wednesday...until Kyle had to put it in the overhead and it was literally 2x larger than the compartment. Kyle then experienced what seemed to be equivalent to the scene from Meet the Fockers when Gaylord tries over and over to jam the suitcase in. Needless to say, I was forced to redress myself in multiple layers of clothes that had to be taken out of my suitcase so that it would fit. He then informed me that next Thanksgiving he and baby girl would be traveling alone.
Also in the mix, the fact that he is able to work so so hard at a full time job and two, soon be THREE, night time business school classes but still make time to enjoy relaxing with me and our families. He has also gotten into a child rearing book phase and has purchased no less than 10 books about how to raise a well rounded, socially adjusted, and smart kid. And here I was just planning on teaching her to be nice to everyone...(Kyle says the the Buffettology book is not for her...until she can read anyways...)
And of course...I am thankful that he had a part in creating one of our biggest blessings...
#2. Our precious daughter...be still my heart.
#3. This gem...My GanGan. The most precious southern, God fearing lady who taught my Momma to be the woman that she is and who I will model my own mothering after. She met Kyle and me in Tupelo on Wednesday for lunch and to look through pictures from the Gender Reveal. She was dressed to the 9s in her mink coat and told us that she had not napped in at least 2 days because she was so excited. After I told her what we were planning to name Baby Girl, she smiled and exclaim, "Oh that is just beautiful...I cannot wait to begin practicing!"
#4. Our parents. There are few and far between who can say that they love their in-laws and have it easy when it comes to sharing time between families around the holidays, or anytime for that matter. Not only are we lucky enough to be from the same town but our parents each love us as their own child. Mr. Jim often sends me emails or text to check on "my daughter and granddaughter." We are who we are today because of them...and if I write anymore I will be here all day.
#5. Siblings. Kyle and I were able to spend an extra day with our baby brothers, who also happen to be graduating from college and at the young age of 22, over the break when we were in Starkville for the Egg Bowl. We are both 7 years older than Duff and Ryan and having that one on one time is usually sparse. What a fun Thanksgiving we had visiting with them and growing in our adult friendships. I always leave conversations with them so inspired by their future plans and aspirations. Not to mention, single ladies, they are both super cute and quite the catch if a big sister can say so.
That isn't to forget our time with good ole Rob "Danger" Ray and his Comedy Show, plus that sweet little sister of mine, Mary Agnes, and her handsome husband, Timmy. Not pictured (sorry the one that I had on my phone was too blurry) is Rob's sweet girlfriend Angela who I was able to meet and become fast friends with. I pray each day for my siblings and am so glad that the Good Lord has brought Angela into our lives.
That Maggie (MA) bent over backwards for me this week as she searched high and low for nursery items and helped me plan out the decor down to every last yard of fabric. Right now, she is lighting up my phone with fabric coupons and baby sales. I hope that my actions towards other show her selfless heart. What would we do without sisters?
And we cannot forget about our dear Bryson (right), who we are so proud/jealous of, and his brave friend who is traveling with him and hopefully helping to keep him safe.
#6. Friends who are more like family than anything.
This top picture is from the Gender Reveal with our Chicago family. I am sure that people get sick of me saying how lucky we are up here to have this group (and those who aren't pictured too.) On the side there, Baby Girl was moving around as Uncle JohnJohn talked to her...what a special moment to have captured.
I had to throw in the Egg Bowl picture as a reminder of how lucky we are to have lifelong friends who, no matter how long it's been since we have seen them, are always able to pick right back up where we left off. Saint Spinny...you're a good man. (And Todd...if you read this...we really did miss you.) Disclaimer...the horrific maroon sweatshirt that I am wearing is not mine. It was about 20 degrees outside that night and the MSU sweatshirt was all that was available. ;)
Now, that seems like a short list from things that happened just over the past few days but let me assure you that we have been blessed beyond measures. Beyond. Measures. Thank you to our friends and families and to all of those who keep us going, who pray for us, and who love us. God is Good. All. the. time.








No comments:
Post a Comment