22 Week Update
Size?
Maternity Clothes? Belly band on all pants and I think I am going to have to get some maternity jeans soon for comfort. I wore my maternity faux leather pants at the Egg Bowl and they were glorious! Target doesn't have a huge selection so I am hoping that I can just order several styles and sizes from ASOS and find something that I like. My maternity black lace holiday party dress came in this week though and I am super excited!
Weight Gain? I feel bigger. Over the past week and a half I think my belly has been growing...noticeably. We go back to the Doctor on the 13th and I bet she's proud of me :)
Stretch Marks? Nope. Using the Burt's Bees Momma Tummy Lotion twice a day.
Gender? A precious baby GIRL!
Sleep? Sleeping really well, thank goodness!
Movement? ALL day LONG! I LOVE waking up and laying in bed while she moves around. She's usually crammed onto one side which leaves my belly a little lopsided for a few minutes. Everyday this week I have been coming home right after school and just laying around with my belly out. She really gets to moving then and you can even see little bumps from the outside. Kyle was able to feel her right before Thanksgiving and this week he could feel what seemed like her whole body rolling around. As my Daddy says, "It's just a miracle."
Food Cravings? Nothing too out of the ordinary.
Anything making you queasy or sick? No, thank goodness.
Labor signs? No! Still have 16 weeks to go.
Belly button in or out? She's moving on out. Geoff and Ashlee came over for supper this week and Ash and I did some belly inspections. She's well on her way to being a total outie...luckily you cannot see it through my belly band. :)
Wedding rings, on or off? On. Now that it's getting cold my fingers are shrinking...for now anyways.
What I Miss? Nothing really.
Symptoms? Nothing to report. On Thursday I came home and had to lay down for a bit because my belly button was hurting. Weird right?
Happy or Moody? SUPER happy! I wake up in the morning and say, "Good morning SG...your Mommy loves you...your Daddy loves you...JESUS loves you...and then I go through the names of all of her grandparents, aunts, and uncles. I have been singing to her, which Kyle requested that I stop, and making up songs for her too. It's hard to describe unless you have been pregnant but I feel like she is such a part of me (because she is) and I just talk to her all day long.
Best Moment of the Week?
1. Spending time with our sweet Bryson who returned from his month long adventure on Friday.
2. Registering at BuyBuyBaby with Michele, Sarah, and Lahana. Good Lawd...I cannot imagine having to do this alone...or with Kyle. Thank goodness for sweet city Momma friends who know what you need and what you don't and who are sweet enough to spend 3 solid hours looking at baby stuff with you.
3. Starting to get her nursery all set up. I am currently washing all of the smocked outfits that I brought back from home and we are getting little pieces in each day. This awesome rug came in this week and I LOVE it. It's so so soft AND all of the reviews said that it's easy to clean and machine washable! Kyle wanted to know why I killed and brought home a polar bear. He clearly does not understand the design that I have in mind. The next day he confided that he had gone in and tried it out and "it wasssss soft..." MA, Momma, and I bought all of the fabric for the daybed bed board and cover, window and curtains, and crib bedding. We have A LOT of work to do over Christmas break. I was also able to snag 10.5 yds of Dupioni Silk for the crib for 50% off! Thank you JoAnn Fabrics!
4. Getting to spend some time with her future sitter. I went over this past week after school and got to see parent pick up time. Not only is her house within walking distance from the school but she is everything that I have prayed for. As soon as I walked in I saw how much she loves the kids that she keeps and how much they love her my heart felt at pease. My friend, who's son will be the other baby that the sitter will keep next year, had warned me about how much her son loves the sitter's husband who is home to help in the afternoons. As soon as she walked in the baby grinned from ear to ear and could not wait to snuggle with his momma. Once we lingered for a bit to talk he wanted to go back to the sitter's husband and play with him a little more. As the sitter helped get him into his jacket and carrier she got right in his little face, kissed him, and said, "I LOVE you and cannot wait to see you tomorrow." Melt my heart. If I cannot say this to Baby girl all day long then I want someone who will treat her like their own baby, sing to her, and tell her how much she is loved all day long. I told Kyle that any question that I had was answered just from watching the sitter interacting with the babies. My friend who's son already goes there nearly tears up just talking about how much they love her. Plus she will only be keeping Baby Girl and this other little boy who will be 1.5 years in September. This situation is unheard of in Chicago and I know that the Good Lord has blessed us with this family.
Looking forward to...
-Hearing our sweet girl again on Thursday.
-Going home for Christmas and getting started on all of the nursery details.
-Finding a dresser for the nursery closet.
If you follow me on Instagram then you see all of my pictures throughout the week...sorry for the repeats but I just had to share this again...
There is no doubt that we will embarrass sweet Baby Girl to no end. I hope that she will be as easygoing as her Daddy so that she can find the humor in our madness. And yes, this is a vintage Triple Designs shirt that everyone in Madison has worn for real as a kid and later for adult tacky parties. I tell people that my mother was a tie-dye fashion designer in the 90's. ;)
Kyle has been growing this thing on his face for the month of November and has been trying to decide if he should keep it or not. We are thinking of him shaving it into a mustache for when we take baby girl home and just seeing how far the nurses let him get before asking him to set her down and return to his white, windowless van.
Kyle has been growing this thing on his face for the month of November and has been trying to decide if he should keep it or not. We are thinking of him shaving it into a mustache for when we take baby girl home and just seeing how far the nurses let him get before asking him to set her down and return to his white, windowless van.



No comments:
Post a Comment