Image Map
 photo moore-header_zps8e3044af.jpg

Tuesday, December 17, 2013

25 Weeks...Better Late Than Never...

Getting ready for the Coonley Elementary Christmas party...and yes, this will be my go to holiday and winter go-to dress.  In other words...you'll see it again...next weekend, in fact.

How Far Along? 25 weeks as of Friday, Dec. 13.  Y'all, the time is flying!!  We only have 15 weeks left...as my 2nd graders would break it down...thats 8 weeks and then 7 weeks, 11 weeks and then a month, 3.5 months, or in other words...tomorrow.  AH!

Size? 
Baby is:

Maternity Clothes?  Yes please.  The dress above is a maternity dress from ASOS.  I also have some pants coming from there this week...I think I should be an ASOS spokesperson.... 
I am still wearing my regular pants with the belly band but my shirts and, really, everything are slowly getting tighter and shorter.  I really look pregnant now and the maternity clothes fit.

Weight Gain? We went to the DR on the 12th and I was up to 131 which is about a 10-13 total gain.  In the past month though, I had gained about 5 pounds or a little more than a pound a week which is what the DR wanted.  She questioned how I had done it, to which I replied that I had started drinking OJ or apple juice in the AM...and Kyle honestly shared that I have been eating a s'more each night after supper.  ;)

Stretch Marks? Nope.  One blue vein on my side but I am hoping that will go away.  I am stretching for sure at this point so using the Burt's Bees Momma Tummy Lotion may go up to 3 times a day.  I also have a dark spot on the side of my face by my ear.  :(  Of course I am the only one who would notice it...Ashlee told me that girls steal your beauty...baby girl, as long as you're happy and healthy, you can have it. :) 

Gender? A precious baby GIRL!    

Sleep?  There have been a few nights where I have woken up throughout the night and had to rearrange.  I am now fully surrounded by pillows on both sides.  I have built a fort around myself...Kyle calls it an oven because he says that I radiate heat at night. 

Movement? She has really picked up the pace over the course of the week.  I mean ALL THE TIME and sharp, tough kicks and jabs.  She is all over the place in there and it's fun to watch my stomach move with all of her dramatic movements.  I. LOVE. IT.  I was telling Kyle how amazing it is and he said, is that why women have postpartum...because they miss being pregnant?  I am sure that there are many things that go into the baby blues but I can see how women miss the feeling.
  She is quite the soccer player...or, as Kyle hopes, is perfecting her golf swing.   

Food Cravings? Nothing too out of the ordinary.  Bring on the sweets though!  
     
Anything making you queasy or sick? No, thank goodness. 

Labor signs? No!  Still have 15 weeks to go.  

Belly button in or out? IN but slowly but surely moving out.  It's getting flatter.  I think that the belly button change has, so far, been one of the top weirdest things about being pregnant. 
  
Wedding rings, on or off? On. Now that it's getting cold my fingers are shrinking...for now anyways.  

What I Miss? Nothing really.

Symptoms?  Nothing to report.  

Happy or Moody? SUPER happy!  I wake up in the morning and say, "Good morning SG...your Mommy loves you...your Daddy loves you...JESUS loves you...and then I go through the names of all of her grandparents, aunts, and uncles.  I have been singing to her, which Kyle requested that I stop, and making up songs for her too.  It's hard to describe unless you have been pregnant but I feel like she is such a part of me (because she is) and I just talk to her all day long. 
  

Best Moment of the Week? 
*Kyle finishing school for the quarter!  Hooray for having him home and free of school work.  He will take 3 class/quarter for the winter and spring quarters so I am going to enjoy every second of him having some time "off." 
*Starting to feel baby girl more AND buying an antique dresser for her nursery! 
*We also got to spend some time with Uncle JohnJohn and Auntie Meggo when they stopped through Chicago on their way to their honeymoon---we miss them!
*Visiting Park Church and looking forward to going back again :)

Looking forward to... seeing Rob Ray and Angela when they come through Chicago on Thursday, celebrating our Chicago Christmas,including brunch at Little Goat, with my sweet Kyle on Saturday, going home on Sunday for Christmas, helping MA with the nursery bedding and decor... celebrating Jesus' birthday next week.

Sweet things and Life in General:
 We had a snowstorm on Saturday so I decided to go ahead and get my dia-be-tes testing done.  It was not nearly as bad as I thought.  I just drank this orange drank and then spent an hour watching Wilford Brimley spoof commercials about diabetes on YouTube:
                       
 and addressing Christmas cards.  I got the call today that SG and I are diabetes free.  Hip, hip, hooray! 

Toes and Epstein had their Christmas open house and Christmas party over the weekend too.  Kyle and me in front of Toes' MASSIVE tree.   

No comments:

Post a Comment