Oh what a fun month! This month MaMa and DaDa went to Amelia Island for the Landmark Corporate Retreat while DadaB and SuSu stayed with SG and MA and Wilkes came to visit too. Of course, we spent lot of time outside playing too.
I think this happened it June...but then again, maybe it was May. Either way, Bryson and Michael Brooks came to visit and Bryson snapped these pictures of SG after lunch. What a silly goose.
SG likes to go through the MaMa tunnel.
Somedays it's just easier to eat outside...naked.
This month we had to do a little sleep training (again) which wasn't fun. I THINK it may have had something to do with your top 4 teeth coming in but either way we needed to get to a point where I was rocking you for 30 + minutes to get you to sleep every night (and for nap.) Oh how I LOVE your snuggles sweet girl, but I know it's better for you to be able to fall asleep on your own. Now we go in your room, get your paci, say our prayers, sing some songs, and then I put you in your bed...and you go to sleep! We pray for Baby Sister, our friends and family, and other specific things and then Thank God for all of our blessings...Every night I end with: Thank you God for Suzanna Grace, thank you for the smile on her face, thank you for making her healthy from her head to her toes, thank you for making her the sweetest girl we know. Amen
We sing:
Mommy loves Suzanna Grace, she loves those sweet dimples on her face, she knows her birthday, knows her weight, Mommy loves Suzanna Grace.
Daddy loves Suzanna Grace, he loves those sweet dimples on her face, he knows her birthday, knows her weight, Daddy loves Suzanna Grace.
Jesus loves Suzanna Grace, He PUT those sweet dimples on her face, He chose her birthday, knows her weight, Jesus loves Suzanna Grace.
I'll love you forever, I'll like you for always, as long as I'm living, my baby you'll be.
Suzanna Grace and MaMa celebrated National Doughnut day at Krispy Kreme. SG thought that watching the doughnuts being made was really cool AND that the doughnuts themselves were DELICIOUS!! Yummy!!
Before it got too hott we spent a lot of time outside swinging. I've never met a baby who loves to swing as much as this girl.
Suzanna Grace enjoyed a nice head rub from DaDa too.
I think these were around 14/15ish weeks with Baby Sister.
Wagon rides with Bailey Bell sure are fun...especially when you get to munch on snacks the whole time.
That little pastel striped outfit that SG has one was mine when I was a little girl...
We started out Saturday tradition of walking up to 5 Points for breakfast and some exploring. SG LOVES this time and her weekly chocolate croissant. Clearly.SuSu and MaMa celebrated their 25th (again) birthday. I was born on my Momma's 28th birthday. What a perfect gift.
For my birthday, SG threw my phone in the potty...where is stayed all afternoon while I searched the whole house for it. I didn't look in the potty though so Daddy didn't find it and fish it out until he got home from work...HBD Mommy!
15ish weeks with Baby Sister??
MaMa and Dada went to Amelia Island and SuSu wasted no time letting SG have a popsicle for breakfast (lunch and dinner too.)
Suzanna Grace discovered that she really likes her chair and having some time to herself to read her stories.
Dada B and SuSu took SG to the park to swing and play.
They also spent some time at the pool!
Clearly, SG did not miss us at all.
15ish weeks with Baby Sister:
Such a fun time with Kyle and our Landmark friends. Wes Rogers, the CEO, made a speech on the first night and thanked all of the people who work at Landmark AND their spouses. He commented on how hard everyone works to make Landmark the company that it is and that those who work there could not do it without the support that they have at home. I thought that this was so nice and such a testament to how his wife supports him. It certainly made me feel appreciated for the work that I am doing at home. What a fabulous company to be associated with!
Landmark pregnant ladies: Kate Templin (boy due beginning of September), Kimberly Rogers (boy due mid-September), GA (girl due beginning of Dec.), Andrea Doornbos (girl due beginning of January). What fun we will have raising baby #2/#3 together!
SG went bargain hunting with DaDa B and SuSu but all they got was a snowcone. SG colored some "welcome home" signs too!
We arrived home Sunday afternoon in time to spend a few hours with SG and celebrating Father's Day!
Thank you Lord for this sweet husband and Daddy of ours!
After we returned from Amelia Island, MA and baby Wilkes came to visit. SuSu stayed too! Hooray for Ray girl and baby time!!
It was HOTT so we spent most days either swimming at the pool or swimming in the backyard.
On Thursday, MA came down with the stomach bug so she was out of commission for the day. SuSu and I enjoyed getting to spend some quality time with our Baby Wilkes though. We went to the library and did LOTS of playing!
Of course, MaMa got the stomach bug next and luckily SuSu and MA stayed to help with SG. When MaMa is sick and everyone else is either trying to not get sick or is on the mend from being sick, SG gets to dress herself. Her she has on 2 bows, her Blackhawks jersey, and one of DaDa's dress socks. Naturally, she is using some type of food as a vehicle in which to get her dip into her mouth.
And because milkshakes always make folks feel better, later in the day SG was able to enjoy her very own chocolate milkshake and fries. Seriously.
Though we didn't get to enjoy Ath-Fest like we had planned (due to being sick) we did meet up with the Templin's to play at TEDS and listen to some music.
Suzanna Grace Updates:
-3 top teeth are coming in (in addition to the 2 on the bottom)
-Can say: Dada, MOOOOM, Baby, and BOW
-Knows where her tummy and mouth are...and where her bow goes



































No comments:
Post a Comment