Image Map
 photo moore-header_zps8e3044af.jpg

Sunday, August 16, 2015

Heading down South, We're heading down South

January 2015

Well, we've finally made it to Athens and, mostly just for myself to look back on in months and years to come, I want to spend a few minutes looking back on our last few days in Chicago as well as our move. 

I was able to spend some time with my first babies...my west side kids, Divia, Diontae, and Precious.  I sure am sad to be leaving these gems but know what we will always keep in touch.  I was so proud to hear about all of their accomplishments and how well they were doing in school.  Nothing like an IHOP breakfast :)

Last spring after SG was born it did snow...but I was so bitter with the polar vortex that I refused to document it.  It did snow before we left and I did take pictures this time:



We celebrated New Years at Toes' House with SG asleep in her pack and play.  That Uncle Toes is good...he made and hung this sign so that no one bothered our girl:


On the first day of snow we kept SG inside and by that afternoon she (and I) were going stir cazy. We took a quick walk down the street and she smiled and waved at everyone who passed by. She's been eating English muffins with peanut butter and she had hidden a piece somewhere and was chowing on it. Silly girl.


Our final days were filled with packing and visiting with friends. SG went to Susana's one last time and got to hang out with her buddy Liam and Susana's son Andres:

We had a fun going away dinner at our favorite local Friday night watering hole...you guessed it...Vines, but of course didn't bother to take any pictures. We had a blast hanging with friends and making plans for everyone to visit Athens in the coming months (and for the Fallon's to move there, duh). 

We hired a moving company and were quoted a 4 hour move out time. 8 hours and two times the estimated truck space later, I was pretty sure that Kyle was going to kill me for hoarding so many unused wedding gifts in our downstairs storage (he said that trying to pack it was like unloading a clown car...). I say that I'll probably need the 10 chip and dip bowls, 4 cake stands, and countless other peices of decorative pottery once we get to Athens. I mean good heavens at least all of our wedding china, crystal, and silver is still stored under my bed and in closets at my parents house...I told him that he should count his blessings. 

My "Swap Box" made it through 8 years post college and Kyle refused to let me pack it for our cross country move. So long, togo and 80s gear....



On our last day at our Chicago condo, the movers had come, we had finished most of our final projects, and the cleaners literally had to push us out of the house. By the end of the day, Kyle had disassembled and reassembled three light fixtures (below: a picture he sent to my dad who helped him do this 9 months ago...) patched a few holes, and made jokes along the way so that his wife didn't end up in tears.  By the end of the day I was throwing things over the balcony and he was moving them to the dumpster. We may never move again...
                                                     
                         

Poor Suzanna Grace was stuffed in the car.  Yes...she is in her carseat...in the mist of the madness.  

We drove Monday night to Indy and stayed with John and Meg Carlstedt.  We were greeted with warm lasagna and stiff drinks...both were much needed.

 We then loaded up and drove to visit Uncle Bryson and Michael Brook in Chatanooga, TN.  Suzanna Grace got to experience the Bachelor life with a blow up mattress as a couch and sleeping bag as a comforter.  We had a blast!
 How have we not considered moving to this part of the country before now?  We toured the mountains and did a quick hike but it was COLD!

 We visited an Ice Cream store and Suzanna Grace LOVED her treat.  We finally had to take her out of the store so that she didn't eat everyones ice cream.  I think she has a sweet tooth like her Momma.

We arrived in Athens on Friday and had our walk through of the house that we are renting.  When we came to Athens in December to try to find a place to rent this home was once of FOUR homes for rent in all of Athens.  While we would probably make some changes if we owned it, it's perfect for a rental, HUGE, close to town (walk-able even), and located on a beautiful lot in the woods.  


There are four bedrooms and three baths plus a finished basement and all of the rooms were painted in really bright odd colors.  Poor Kyle spent his whole week off work painting the rooms.  What a saint!  Moving into a home that is 5 times as big as the condo you've lived in for 5 years comes with many challenges but luckily Kyle's parents gave us some of their old furniture and we did a good job of spreading out all that we did have.

Suzanna Grace is loving her new home and all that the outdoors have to offer!



No comments:

Post a Comment