Image Map
 photo moore-header_zps8e3044af.jpg

Sunday, August 16, 2015

24 Weeks

How Far Along? 24 weeks

Size? An ear of corn (8.5 in, 1.5 lbs)
Maternity Clothes? Right now I am still just wearing elastic waist band shorts.  After Jessica's party last weekend I had to officially retire my favorite black tank...and so begins the transition to maternity. 
Weight Gain? I am 130lb as of my doctors visit today. I think that's a total gain of around 8 lb.  I feel great but can certainly see my bump more at 24 week this time around than I did before.
Stretch Marks? Nope,  Burt's Bees Momma Tummy Lotion  
Gender? A precious ACTIVE baby girl, Carolina James.
Sleep?  So, so.  Lots of pillows.  I remember being able to sleep better on my side with SG but with CJ I am having to lay on my back more.
Movement? ALL the time.  I feel bigger moves earlier on this time than I did with SG.  Sissy likes to move and shake.  Kyle has felt her kick and if SG would sit still long enough she could too. 
Food Cravings? Luckily I am back to being able to eat anything.  Loving some cold fruit and anything chocolate.
Anything making you queasy or sick? No.  Thank goodness!
Labor signs? No! 
Belly button in or out?  Inny-outy.  She wants to poke out. 
Wedding rings, on or off? On and fitting just fine. 
What I Miss? Nothing. Everything in moderation this time around.  
Symptoms? Just some tight feelings when I move positions at night and being tired by the late afternoon.
Happy or Moody?   Happy...of course. 
Dr. Visit Update: Today was my first visit without a sonogram.  The nurse measured me and I am right at 24 weeks.  She also found Carolina James' heartbeat and commented that she was moving all over the place as she tried to get the beats/minute.  Lord help us, we've got another "on the go" girlie on our hands!  I met a new midwife, Anna, today and really loved her enthusiasm and spirit.  I love going to this practice because they just make you feel like you're doing everything "right" and that the birth is going to be perfect.  I like it when people agree with me...

Best Moment of the Week: 
-Hearing that sweet heartbeat never gets old.
-Getting a little more caught up on the blog so that I can start focusing on documenting Carolina James...poor second baby.
-Having more energy and beginning to work on the nursery!!  Daddy picked up CJ's dresser and moved it into her room.
 Big Sissy got a little tired of shopping so she found her a nice spot to stop for a snack.  Can you spot Suzanna Grace?


No comments:

Post a Comment