Image Map
 photo moore-header_zps8e3044af.jpg

Sunday, August 16, 2015

DaDa and SG's 1st Weekend Alone



Since finding out about baby #2 I have been thinking that it would be a good idea for sweet ole Kyle to have a solid 48 hour stretch alone with big sissy.  Of course he has been alone with her for a few hours at a time and together we have left her for the weekend with grandparents, BUT he has never had to be Parent #1 for a full weekend. And, I'll be honest, I wanted to make sure that before he got ideas of going on a boy's ski trip or golf weekend after Carolina James comes that he had a point of reference for how it feels to be a single parent for a weekend.  Bless him, he did a wonderful job and Lord knows that his little girl had an absolute BLAST!  On Saturday alone she went through four outfit changes complete with matching bows.  In very picture and video I could see the pure joy radiating from both of their faces.  When I returned, I could tell that Kyle had a new found appreciation for this SAHM and even snuck a peek at a text to his own mom that read, "We've had so much fun together this weekend but I do not know how you did this everyday with three kids..."  HAHA!


I left SG on Friday with our sweet sitter, Michelle and headed off to Jessica Lange's bachelorette party in Nashville.  DaDa came home around 5:30 and had time to eat with SG and give her a bath.

 I am not sure why she required an outfit change as this is not what I left her in.
Nothing like a good bath and snuggle with DaDa.
 This picture, for whatever reason, cracks me up.  Thanks DaDa for getting me play with this pinwheel that I have had for months and have never noticed.
Saturday DaDa and SG woke up and went on our usually walk downtown to get a chocolate croissant.  Surprisingly the outfit was not covered in said breakfast pastry as I suspected upon returning home.

I LOVED being able to spend time with my Chicago girls.  These ladies were some of my very first friends in Chicago and I am blessed to have seen their families grow and lives change.  We have nearly 12 kids between the 5 of us! 
DaDa took SG to the pool after their morning walk and breakfast.  Harry Hood and Bailey were there and played for a while. 
As Harry's mother texted, "It's like herding cats..."
                                                    

And then there was the pool poop.  I would have given ANYTHING to be a fly on the wall to see Kyle's face and reaction.  Needless to say the pool date was over shortly there after. 
Later in the day, after naps, SG and DaDa went to the Botanical Gardens for a hike. 

DaDa says that she especially liked the water feature and the rocks.  
After their hike, SG needed to freshen up before her date with ole Harry Hood. DaDa said this was her "I just ate bubbles..." face. 
The perfect match...Harry likes to ride and SG likes to push. 
SG was glad to have Jack around to clean up all the food she threw on the ground.  Hooray for Grove baby high chairs as well. 
MaMa and Carolina James (23 weeks) had a big time listening to music and eating yummy food too but we think this may be our first and last bachelorette weekend together. 
On Sunday the dynamic duo even made it to church...20 minutes late.  DaDa was happy to run in to several of MaMa's friends who applauded him for SGs outfit selection and bow.  
Dada and SG had a big time but this Momma sure did miss them.  What a fun weekend with friends for Momma as well as a weekend of learning (and fun) for DaDa.  Now let's see how he does alone with TWO!

No comments:

Post a Comment