Image Map
 photo moore-header_zps8e3044af.jpg

Tuesday, February 25, 2014

Praying Through Delivery and a Special Prayer for Us


I have been reading the weekly devotional Praying Through Your Pregnancy for the majority of the past 9 months and have loved it.  The authors take you through the weekly developments for baby and have specific prayers for such things as their hearing, skin, and even future relationship with God.  I take notes and record dates so that I will be able to look back over each of my pregnancies and be reminded of the joy that I felt along the way.  I even gave the book to my Momma for Christmas with the idea that she will pray for all of her grandchildren along the way too.

This week I was especially humbled at the story of one woman's birthing experience as it talked about how spiritual it was.  Sure there was pain but her focus was on the positives of it all.  Just the fact that she was able to have carried her child and that her body was oh so wonderfully made to create, develop, protect, and now deliver such a miracle.  She talked about how she had a team of prayer warriors surrounding her and praying for specific aspects of the delivery and about how she prayed through contractions and the most uncomfortable and anxiety inducing phases.

While I pray for Suzanna Grace all day long I never really thought about my labor and her delivery in this way.  I was telling Mary Agnes last night that usually when I say quick prayers for folks they are just that...quick.  "Lord please do XYZ for ----.  Give them peace, help them to feel your presence...Amen."  My devotion reminded me of how important it is to call out to the Lord with our specific request and that He hears us.  I am sure that there will be modifications and revisions to this prayer as I live through it and realize new specifics that laboring and new moms need but for now, I like this prayer that the book provided.  It is my prayer for our sweet friends who will deliver in the near and distant future and one in which I hope that you will pray for Suzanna Grace and I in the coming weeks.  


Dear Lord Jesus,

Thank You for the privilege of knowing You as our personal Savior and Friend.  Thank You for the awesome privilege of praying for the sweet friends who are pregnant, will one day become pregnant, and for those who will soon meet their precious little one.  I praise You, because You are a great and wonderful God, full of love and care and understanding for each one of us.

Lord, I pray that you will give ----------- (mother’s name) the most wonderful birth experience she ever imagined.  Be close to her from the time she goes into labor and throughout.  Let her feel You left her up into Your love during each contraction.  Let her know You are with her, helping and guiding ---------- (baby’s name) to be born.  Give her strength and endurance. 

And Jesus, I pray Your holy presence will fill the room as ------------ (baby’s name) comes into the world.  Let there be an atmosphere of joy and gladness, of peace and praise.

Give her an awesome birth experience, one she will treasure forever.

In Jesus’ name, Amen.

 At the end of each devotion you are given a journal assignment.  Questions that guide you in preparing for the baby, thinking about how you will further your relationship with God, friends, family, baby, husband, and sometimes even check/"to-do" lists.  This week I was to make a list of people who I could count on to pray for me while I am in labor and then to make sure that I asked them to.  Since I know the power of prayer I wanted to humbly ask that anyone who reads this blog join me in prayer in the weeks, days, and hours leading up to the arrival of our precious girl.  Knowing that these prayers are coming already and will continue to come from all over the country from friends and family fills my heart and brings tears to my eyes.  Please feel free to pray anything that you like...no one is picky when it comes to prayers :)  If you like, simply pray this prayer for our whole family: 

Dear Lord Jesus,

Thank You for the privilege of knowing You as our personal Savior and Friend.  Thank You for the awesome privilege of praying for the sweet friends who are pregnant, will one day become pregnant, and for Georgia Anne who will soon meet her precious daughter, Suzanna Grace.  I praise You, because You are a great and wonderful God, full of love and care and understanding for each one of us.

Lord, I pray that you will give Georgia Anne the most wonderful birth experience she ever imagined.  Be close to her from the time she goes into labor and throughout.  Let her feel You left her up into Your love during each contraction.  Let her know You are with her, helping and guiding Suzanna Grace to be born.  Give her strength and endurance. 

And Jesus, I pray Your holy presence will fill the room as Suzanna Grace comes into the world.  Let there be an atmosphere of joy and gladness, of peace and praise.

Give Georgia Anne an awesome birth experience, one she will treasure forever.

And Lord, take care of that ole Kyle throughout Georgia Anne's labor and the delivery of his first daughter , Suzanna Grace.  Help him to be the rock that his girls need and the spiritual leader of their growing family. 

In Jesus’ name, Amen.

I want to thank you for taking the time to pray for us and hope that you know that we can FEEL your prayers.  I would love to return the favor too.  Please let me know how I can pray for you and I will...and not just a quickie.  

1 comment:

  1. Praying for you sweet friend. I was lucky enough to have your cousin, Meagan, in the delivery room with Cullen and me. Just before Jett was born she prayed the sweetest prayer for the doctors, nurses, Cullen and me. It was probably the most precious moment prior to the arrival of sweet Jett. I will pass this on to her, I know she will want to lift you guys up.

    ReplyDelete