How Far Along?
Size?
Holy moly- 9months?!?! Where has the time gone? Suzanna Grace has surely made her presence more and more known as the weeks have passed. Check out that big round bump! Oh how I LOVE it!
And yes, I was practicing my "strolling" throughout the house. What else does one do when it has been winter for the past 5 months?
Maternity Clothes? Yes and I have the same rotation of clothes each week. I love my black leggings and Piko tops. What life savers! Chicago and the polar vortex are jerks and still think it is winter so my sweaters are also getting A LOT of wear. I very much look forward to burning them all once we get some decent weather.
Weight Gain? 22-25 pounds :) Steadily gaining about a pound a week...grow baby girl!
Weight Gain? 22-25 pounds :) Steadily gaining about a pound a week...grow baby girl!
Stretch Marks? Nope, Burt's Bees Momma Tummy Lotion twice a day.
Gender? A precious baby GIRL, Suzanna Grace!
Sleep? Sleep? What's sleep? Not only do I sit up when I sleep but I have also started elevating my feet. It is super ridiculous looking and poor Kyle basically sleeps hanging off the bed. I just cannot seem to get comfortable and feel nauseous when I lay flat on my back or sides. I guess that is just my body preparing me to be able to survive on just a little sleep for the rest of my life. :)
Movement? Bless her. This sweet girl moves and grooves and practices her dancing skills all day and all night. Last week I watched (and felt) a limb move from my belly button across to my right side. Based on how we think she is positioned I think that she was stretching her legs! She gets the hiccups a lot too. My Momma was able to feel lots of her big jerks when she was here this weekend. I am really going to miss this part of pregnancy.
Food Cravings? Just the usual...anything sweet. We got some nurse and doctor happies this weekend and I am afraid that all of the candy is just about gone...
Anything making you queasy or sick? Just trying to lay down to go to sleep.
Labor signs? NO! I have talked to several friends and hear that you may not have any BH or other signs until it is "go time." PLUS my doctors do not check you until 39 weeks and even then she says that they may not. I am honestly very thankful for this as the anticipation and anxiety over this knowledge might drive me crazy.
Belly button in or out? Out and flat. By the end of the day she's poking through my shirt. She looks like a little piggy tail.
A special thank you to my dear friends, The Rogers, who found this picture of me as an almost 2 year old with my little tummy hanging out. Since I do talk about my belly button so much Mrs. Mandy thought it only appropriate that I take a look at this picture to be reminded that my BB has always poked out! I can honestly say, and anyone who has seen it can attest, this is nearly exactly what my belly looks like right now at 9 months pregnant. PS-How cute was I with those pig tails, crop top, and giggly personality.
A special thank you to my dear friends, The Rogers, who found this picture of me as an almost 2 year old with my little tummy hanging out. Since I do talk about my belly button so much Mrs. Mandy thought it only appropriate that I take a look at this picture to be reminded that my BB has always poked out! I can honestly say, and anyone who has seen it can attest, this is nearly exactly what my belly looks like right now at 9 months pregnant. PS-How cute was I with those pig tails, crop top, and giggly personality.
Wedding rings, on or off? It's on but not as loose as it has been. Still think the freezing temps are keeping the swelling down.
What I Miss? Nothing.
Symptoms? Aching hips. Sleepless nights. My Momma confirms that she has no labor signs until her water broke with all of us...so....
Happy or Moody? Happy, happy, happy. I could cry at just about every mention of babies, friends, family, and all sweet things but, as my Momma would say, that are always happy tears.
Dr. Visit Update: Kyle, my Momma, and I went to the doctor on Friday to check in. We met Dr. Dennis and loved her just as much as we have loved the other doctors in the practice. As soon as she entered the room she told us that she would probably do a quick sonogram to see if SG was still breech. I quickly looked at Kyle and my Momma and gave them the "don't say a word" stare! Remember we got a quickie the previous week and confirmed that our girl was indeed head down. After her healthy heartbeat (which was again located on my left side--head down position) we felt confident that she was where she needed to be. Once we got into the sonogram room though, Dr. Dennis told us that we should be looking for a white glow to show where her head was and that it was not pointing down...oh no! Before she put the wand away with us thinking that she was still breech I piped in and told her that the week before we were told that she was in fact head down. Dr. Dennis moved the wand a little to the right and quickly found that angelic glow that confirmed that Suzanna Grace was in fact still head down and that she had NOT flipped back into her breech position. Praise the Lord! I was told to schedule all of my remaining appointments as I now go every week. We have a growth sonogram again on Monday and we cannot wait to get the pictures of our sweet girl before meeting her face to face.
Best Moment of the Week:
-Our surprise sonogram, plus the fact that my Momma was there too. To say that she was excited is an understatement. Happy tears flowed...from us all.
-A long weekend with my sweet Momma--separate post to come!
-Learning that Isla Claire Rosamond and Bailey Templin where born on Thursday. These are the two babies that were to come before Suzanna Grace and now that they are here, SG can safely make her appearance! Congrats Mallory, Tyler, and Alec and Walt and Kate!
-Our surprise sonogram, plus the fact that my Momma was there too. To say that she was excited is an understatement. Happy tears flowed...from us all.
-A long weekend with my sweet Momma--separate post to come!
-Learning that Isla Claire Rosamond and Bailey Templin where born on Thursday. These are the two babies that were to come before Suzanna Grace and now that they are here, SG can safely make her appearance! Congrats Mallory, Tyler, and Alec and Walt and Kate!
Looking forward to...
Mary Agnes' visit this weekend, tea with MA and Renee at the Four Seasons, constructing the hospital door hanger made by the ever so talented Dana Ingram of Tickle Me Tacky (picture to come), and meeting our precious Suzanna Grace in just a few short weeks!
Mary Agnes' visit this weekend, tea with MA and Renee at the Four Seasons, constructing the hospital door hanger made by the ever so talented Dana Ingram of Tickle Me Tacky (picture to come), and meeting our precious Suzanna Grace in just a few short weeks!
Sweet things and Life in General:
My precious Coonley Family showered Suzanna Grace with a surprise baby shower last Tuesday. She received lots of children's books to add to her growing library and lots of cute summer time clothes! Coonley has been such a blessing and I cannot wait to raise a family while working there.
My precious Coonley Family showered Suzanna Grace with a surprise baby shower last Tuesday. She received lots of children's books to add to her growing library and lots of cute summer time clothes! Coonley has been such a blessing and I cannot wait to raise a family while working there.
These booties were HANDMADE by one of my teacher friends, Heidi. SG now has two pairs of booties (the other from Uncle Bryson) that Kyle and I both wish were big enough to fit us!
Yummy pink frosted cupcakes that I took home "for Kyle."
Books, books, and more books make this teacher Momma proud. My dear friend and teaching partner, Cara, had her mother make the tag blanket and burp clothes. Oh how I love any and everything that is made with LOVE.







No comments:
Post a Comment