Image Map
 photo moore-header_zps8e3044af.jpg

Saturday, February 15, 2014

34 Week Update

How Far Along? 

Size? 
Suzanna Grace is:

Maternity Clothes? Exclusively.  I feel like I really became pregnant less than a month ago in terms of me being able to feel the extra tummy measurements and having the need for bigger clothes.  I am not sure if it is the clothes that add to me looking bigger or that I am in fact bigger and the maternity shirts just fit.  I sure do love an elastic jean though and will miss the belly band after baby. 

Weight Gain?  20 pounds as of last week but hopefully continuing to steadily gaining about a pound a week...grow baby girl!  

Stretch Marks? Nope,  Burt's Bees Momma Tummy Lotion twice a day.  My skin has never been so "moist" and soft.  In addition to the fact that I drink gallons upon gallons of water each day the lotion reallys seems to have been helping as there are 0 stretch marks to report!  

Gender? A precious baby GIRL, Suzanna Grace!     

Sleep?  I think the fact that I was awake around 4:50 beginning this post should answer that question.  I sleep hard for a few hours but the moment that I wake up my mind starts running and, in addition to being uncomfortable, I cannot shut it off.  I have also been having weird dreams.  Not so much about the baby...but about Philip Seymour Hoffman and random people from high school...I read that this is common during pregnancy and, like everything else, has something to do with your hormones. 

Movement?  Literally every second that I am sitting down.  She is so active and it is not just little jabs---she continues to move her whole body.  Just a few minutes ago my tummy looked deformed because she was pushing so hard on my right side...then a few seconds later she would do a full body shake down, even out, and then put her weight on another side.  It is absolutely wild.  Last night the only way that I could describe her movements was to say that she was tweerking, as her little bottom was pulsating on my left side. (This of course scares me because there is nothing else that worries me more about having a daughter than her becoming a teenager...and just the thought of Miley Cyrus makes me cringe.)  

Thank you Lord for an active little girl who will no doubt be an outstanding athlete receiving a full ride scholarship to an Ivy League school where her kindness, smarts, and athleticism will surely continue to carry her through to success...does it hurt to dream big??  I think not (plus I read that there are not enough girl athletes to use up all the scholarships that are available...just saying...)!

Food Cravings? Just the usual...anything sweet. 
     
Anything making you queasy or sick? Nope, thank goodness. 

Labor signs? No!  Still have a little less than 6 weeks to go.  I was born at 5.5 weeks so this week is a little nerve racking as we see if she will be like her Momma...

Belly button in or out?  Out and flat.  By the end of the day she's poking through my shirt.
  
Wedding rings, on or off? It's on but not as loose as it has been.  Still think the freezing temps are keeping the swelling down.

What I Miss? Nothing.  

Symptoms? Aching hips.  I find that I need to sit down more often too. 

Happy or Moody? Happy, happy, happy.  I could cry at just about every mention of babies, friends, family, and all sweet things but, as my Momma would say, that are always happy tears.  

Dr. Visit Update:

We had another growth sonogram this Tuesday and got to see our sweet girl yet again.  Since she is so big it is becoming harder to get shots of her face and nearly impossible to get a profile shot (PS-our hospital does not do 3D sonos).  She measured exactly where she should for a 33 week 4 day healthy baby, there was plenty of amniotic fluid for her to dance around in, and her tummy was full.  I knew that she was breech but this sonogram told us that she is "frank breech" which means she has folder herself in half and her legs are straight over her head (do not google images of this...it's a little scary and looks super uncomfortable...which my DR assured me it is not for the baby).  In fact, in one of the shots that I saw, her little fist was actually holding on to one of her ankles.  I think that this just goes to show what a southern girl she is as she has rolled herself, like a roly poly, into a ball in protest of the bitter cold Chicago winter.  If my tummy would allow me to stay warm in a similar position I think that I would join her.  I was told that being frank breech makes it harder for the baby to move themselves into their head down birthing position but that her moving herself or the doctors assisting in flipping her was not out of the question.  We are just putting that in God's hands and knowing that HE will put her the way that she needs to be for the best possible delivery.  

Suzanna Grace weighed 4.9 pounds and though she was asleep for most of the sonogram (surprisingly) she did wake up towards the end and give us a few little waves.

Funny enough my Momma was able to locate an X-Ray of herself when she was pregnant with me and sure enough I am breech and one of my legs is sticking straight up by my head as well.  My Momma says that leg stuck straight out of swaddles and blankets for weeks, if not months, after I was born.  It looks like ole Suzanna Grace is following right along in her Momma's footsteps...

Best Moment of the Week: 

-Receiving our 2013 Family Year Book in the mail! 
I saw this idea on Pinterest last year and since then I have become the queen of creating hardcover, bound picture albums online.  I usually find great deals on Amazon Local or Groupon and am able to create 20+ page books for less than $20 which is way less than printing all of the pictures that we take and physically putting them into a photo album.  This way I can include narratives about what we did, people we saw, and the fun memories that were made on each page as well. Look out for many more of these to come as I have already been inspired to make several once SG arrives, including "On the Day You Were Born" where you include pictures from babies first few days AND the texts/emails that were sent and received about baby and  "Who Loves Suzanna Grace" a book of faces and names so that she will always be able to see her grandparents, aunts, uncles and cousins. 

-Valentines with my sweet Kyle
There has never been a doubt in my mind that ole Kyle would be a fabulous Daddy and I have enjoyed seeing and benefiting from him practicing his "even more tender hearted, sweet girl Daddy" skills on me.  My students had a hay-day trying to guess who sent me flowers at work (a first for Kyle) and a nice surprise dinner reservation capped off a very special day.  I know that when he has an additional Valentines next year he will treat her like a little queen as well.  That ole Kyle...  

Looking forward to... 
Visits from my Momma and MA for final momma-daughter/sister-sister time before SG arrives.  Both of them are secretly hoping that we spend one day together and then SG decides to come.

The San Fran trip would be top on my list but we won't know until Wednesday when I go to the DR. if I can go or not.  I will still be 5 weeks out but Lord knows that we do not want to have a SanFran baby and I am just so worried that Suzanna Grace will feel the warmth of the sun, decide it is in fact spring in Chicago, and try to come while we are away from home. (Have I now made her sound like the groundhog??)  We shall see. 


Sweet things and Life in General:  
Life, in general, and babies are such miracles.  Each day the Good Lord opens my eyes a little wider to how blessed we are to have a healthy little growing girl and gives me the strongest desires to be better for her.  This week we found out that some of our Madison transplant Chicago friends will be welcoming a baby in August (shout out to G and Meg Alvarez for their July baby news that I forgot to mention before now) and we eagerly are anticipating the arrival of 3 precious babies this week (possibly next), Isa Claire Rosamond (Mallory and Tyler, plus big brother Alec), Bailey Templin (Kate and Walt), and Baby Sirois (Marisha and Adam).  Friends in MS, the Bains, welcomed their baby girl on Wednesday and I sobbed throughout the day as I watched and rewatched the video of Daddy Russell bringing out his baby girl to show off to their friends and families.  I just CANNOT wait.  God is good. 

As we praise the Lord for our healthy girl we also join in prayer with the Clay family.  Their little guy John Pearson is such a fighter and his parents are oh such wonderful examples of courage and faith.  Lauren and Wesley post updates and specific prayer request often so please check them out and add their precious baby to your prayers right now.



No comments:

Post a Comment