How Far Along?
I think it is safe to say that we are no longer worrying about either of our weights and/or growth. It is wild to think that next week I will be able to say that I am 9 months pregnant! WOW! This week I am saying, "I am nearly 9 months pregnant..." which, so far, gets lots of crazy looks from folks.
Size?
Maternity Clothes? I love my maternity pants. LOVE. I am still wearing my regular flowy tops and rotating the Piko tops throughout the week. Yesterday, as I was out walking in the WARM 32 degree weather, I kept feeling cold on the bottom of my tummy...realizing that not only was my t-shirt too short and exposing my stomach by my button up coat was also exploding from the middle button down. I love my pregnancy body and would not trade full coverage for anything right now.
Weight Gain? At the DR this week I was at 142 which is a total gain of about 22-24 pounds. Still on track with about a pound a week and hopefully plumping up our sweet girl. Who doesn't just love a baby with rolls?!
Weight Gain? At the DR this week I was at 142 which is a total gain of about 22-24 pounds. Still on track with about a pound a week and hopefully plumping up our sweet girl. Who doesn't just love a baby with rolls?!
Stretch Marks? Nope, Burt's Bees Momma Tummy Lotion twice a day. My stomach itches like crazy which lets me know shes growing and stretching.
Gender? A precious baby GIRL, Suzanna Grace!
Sleep? Actually much better this week, thank goodness. My pillow fort is growing and poor Kyle has given up even making the bed in the morning because of the number of pillows and supports that I have added to the routine. If I can prop myself up on three pillows and then only slightly sleep on my side (what in the world...it's become a science) then I can make it through the night only needing to get up for a bathroom break. I am wondering if it has anything to do with the fact that she has flipped too???
Movement? All.The.Time. I will oh so very much miss this feeling. Her movements are whole body rolls and poking out of limbs. This week she has woken me up during the night several times because the movements are so strong. What a miracle.
Food Cravings? Oh how I wish there was a Mexican place with the soupy gooey queso dip up here. The only thing that the Mexican restaurants around her have is the fried queso which, lets be honest, I will settle for and plan to grab today at lunch time.
Anything making you queasy or sick? Nope, thank goodness.
Labor signs? No! Still have a little less than 5 weeks to go.
Belly button in or out? Out and flat. By the end of the day she's poking through my shirt.
Wedding rings, on or off? It's on but not as loose as it has been. Still think the freezing temps are keeping the swelling down.
What I Miss? Being able to bend over and tie my shoes/put on my boots without feeling like I am going to throw up or pass out from crunking over.
Symptoms? Aching hips.
Happy or Moody? Happy, happy, happy. I could cry at just about every mention of babies, friends, family, and all sweet things but, as my Momma would say, that are always happy tears.
Dr. Visit Update:
Kyle met me at the doctor for our 2 week check up with the final doctor in the practice, Dr. Poppy (sp?), on Wednesday. I was anxious to ask her about the techniques for trying to help Suzanna Grace flip and whether she thought that heading to San Fran was a good idea. Like all of her partners, including my beloved Dr. Heraty, she was loud, bubbly, and just oh so wonderful. She quickly told us about one technique which requires you to eat something sweet and basically get as close to standing on your head as you can without actually doing it. As your husband watches on you put your bottom up and head down and do a little swaying as baby moves because of the sugar high...hopefully she gets her up and down confused and through the sugar dance she flips right on over.
As soon as the DR started trying to find the heartbeat we could tell that something was different. Her HB has always been on my right side but this time it wasn't...luckily I wasn't feeling panicked by this since I could feel her moving around. The Dr moved over to my left side and quickly found that precious sound on my lower left side. Kyle pointed out, "Wow...I bet she has moved!" We didn't want to get our hopes up too much, but after a tummy "touch" exam to see if she could feel SG's head pointing down, we went to another room for a quick sonogram to confirm...no more breech, much less frank breech, baby girl....we have flipped! Hooray!! The DR says that she is pretty low and will hopefully stay head down. Suzanna Grace moves so much and I know that she could still flip herself back into a breech position but right now she is right where she needs to be! Go girl!!
Kyle met me at the doctor for our 2 week check up with the final doctor in the practice, Dr. Poppy (sp?), on Wednesday. I was anxious to ask her about the techniques for trying to help Suzanna Grace flip and whether she thought that heading to San Fran was a good idea. Like all of her partners, including my beloved Dr. Heraty, she was loud, bubbly, and just oh so wonderful. She quickly told us about one technique which requires you to eat something sweet and basically get as close to standing on your head as you can without actually doing it. As your husband watches on you put your bottom up and head down and do a little swaying as baby moves because of the sugar high...hopefully she gets her up and down confused and through the sugar dance she flips right on over.
As soon as the DR started trying to find the heartbeat we could tell that something was different. Her HB has always been on my right side but this time it wasn't...luckily I wasn't feeling panicked by this since I could feel her moving around. The Dr moved over to my left side and quickly found that precious sound on my lower left side. Kyle pointed out, "Wow...I bet she has moved!" We didn't want to get our hopes up too much, but after a tummy "touch" exam to see if she could feel SG's head pointing down, we went to another room for a quick sonogram to confirm...no more breech, much less frank breech, baby girl....we have flipped! Hooray!! The DR says that she is pretty low and will hopefully stay head down. Suzanna Grace moves so much and I know that she could still flip herself back into a breech position but right now she is right where she needs to be! Go girl!!
Sweet texts from family ;)
Best Moment of the Week:
Seeing our sweet girl, hearing that glorious strong heartbeat, and learning that, for now, she is NOT breech!
Looking forward to...
Visits from my Momma and MA in the next two weeks.
Sweet things and Life in General:
We clearly did not make that baby moon trip to SanFran. In fact the doctor laughed at me when I asked. I did not have my heart set on it since I knew that 35 weeks was probably too close to go time. Kyle still went to SanFran for his work trip on Friday though and considered staying for the weekend to give himself a babymoon...I told him that he had my blessing but he left the warm 75 degrees and flew back to me late Friday night. Kyle and I still enjoyed some time together though and he took me to look at 3rd bands (push present) downtown. Missing the warm weather but still enjoyed a Chicago babymoon.
We are truly blessed. I love our friends.
Ole Sam came for a visit last weekend as he visited hospitals and did interviews for his fellowship after residency. The McBees and Moore's showed him a great time and enjoyed hearing all of his parenting advice and worldviews...Sam style. Sam has been a close friend since freshman year in college and with two new Chicago babies arriving in 2014 we would LOVE for Sam, Richa, and Nandi to move to Chicago too!




No comments:
Post a Comment