Image Map
 photo moore-header_zps8e3044af.jpg

Saturday, February 8, 2014

33 Week Update

How Far Along? 

Even though those may appear to be the # 5, I can assure you that I am, in fact, only 33 weeks along...not 55 weeks.

Also the beautiful piece in the background is new and was painted by a dear friend, Krista Shows.  She's the one that did the "Ol' Suzanna" song that I posted a while back and aside from her many other talents, she is also an artist.  The painting is SO big that we were not able to find a way to get it from MS to Chicago until my parents drove up in January.  We LOVE the piece though and cannot wait to use it as a background for Suzanna Grace's newborn pictures!  

Size? 
Suzanna Grace is:

Now, for Rob's sake, I would say that a pineapple is a fairly accurate comparison ...right Chef?  It's wild to think that she is nearing her birth weight too! 

Maternity Clothes? 
Yup.  I can still do the belly band in a pair of my regular black and red stretchy jeans which gives me 4 options for pants...What to do, what to do...  I also ordered two of those Pinko tops from my favorite Madison,MS/Instagram store, Pink Possum, and think that maybe I will just live in them until SG arrives.  The owner, Becca Turner, has shipped to me several times and was so sweet to include a precious pink sersucker pasci clip for SG in my latest order.  She carries womens and baby clothes and her prices CANNOT be beat!  Check her out!

Weight Gain?  20 pounds :) Steadily gaining about a pound a week...grow baby girl!  

Stretch Marks? Nope,  Burt's Bees Momma Tummy Lotion twice a day.  Dr. Star commented after checking SG's heartbeat, "Oh and no stretch marks...good for you."  Thank you friend...it's the little things that make a pregnant woman, who really has no control over anything, proud.   

Gender? A precious baby GIRL, Suzanna Grace!     

Sleep?  Same ole, same ole.  3 am seems to be my wake up time each morning.  So far I can always fall right back to sleep.

Movement? Still lots of movements at night but they have changed.  The DR says that's what happens as they get bigger and run out of room to really flip around.  She still jolts my whole stomach though and at times I can feel body parts poking. She moves a lot when I am at school especially when I am meeting with small groups...I think, and my students would agree, that she is already a social butterfly and gets excited by all of the talking. :) I know that every move is a miracle and it's just fabulous. 

Food Cravings? Just the usual...anything sweet. 
     
Anything making you queasy or sick? Nope, thank goodness. 

Labor signs? No!  Still have 6.5 weeks to go.  I was 6 weeks early though and my Momma did not have labor signs until her water broke...just saying. 

Belly button in or out?  Out and flat.  By the end of the day she's poking through my shirt.
  
Wedding rings, on or off? It's on but not as loose as it has been.  Still think the freezing temps are keeping the swelling down.

What I Miss? Nothing.  

Symptoms? Aching hips. 

Happy or Moody? Happy, happy, happy.  I could cry at just about every mention of babies, friends, family, and all sweet things but, as my Momma would say, that are always happy tears.  


Dr. Visit Update:

At the DR Friday I met another DR in the practice, Dr. Star, and LOVED her.  She walked in and said, "Dr. Heraty has told me so much about you.  Nice to finally meet you."  Now as you know, I ADORE Dr. Heraty so this comment put me on cloud 9.  After checking me out Dr. Star told me that I was right on track in terms of weight gain and congratulated us for a healthy, "very low risk" pregnancy" that had hit a milestone...if SG were to try to come today they would not try to stop her.  WHAT?!  SG knows that leaving the warmth of the womb would be a terrible decision considering it is 1 degree in Chicago today.  I was still measuring about 2 weeks behind so she ordered another sonogram for next week.  I was scared/nervous the first time they ordered a growth check sono but since SG was great in the last one and I have consistently measured this far behind the whole time, I am just looking at this as another chance to see our girl!  Dr. Star mirrored Dr. Heraty in explaining that because she is breech my "off measurements" may be because of the way that she is laying.  My Momma and I decided that it's just SGs way of showing what a southern girl she really is as she has curled herself up in a little ball (a true showing of the fetal position) because she does not want to have to endure the worst Chicago winter anyone has very experienced.  No one can blame her.

We also talked about the fact that SG may continue to be breech.  She told me that we would talk about "mid-wife" techniques at 35 weeks and that they could try to flip her around 37.  Dr. Star also mentioned something that really hit home.  She said that sometimes babies are breech for a reason...maybe the cord would otherwise get wrapped around...or that trying to flip them could put them in distress.  We are just praying now that the good Lord will put Suzanna Grace in the position that will allow for the best labor and delivery for both of us. God's plan is greater than ours so I think we will leave it that way. 

Anyone have any thoughts on this?  I have not heard of anyone who had their baby flipped by the doctor...

Best Moment of the Week: 
-Hearing that sweet 150 heartbeat yesterday.

-Celebrating my Sweet Kyle's 29th Birthday with friends last night. I have giggled to myself over and over at this picture which spans from 7th grade to Senior year of HS...we were so young...and the fro...
Kyle tells me that, though he does not read the Blog, his co-workers have somehow found it and continuously take and edit pictures of him from here and send them around the office.  I personally think that's hilarious and highly encourage it.  Ventas folks, please have a hayday with these gems. 

-Adding these little leg warmers to her ever growing wardrobe.  I am thinking that when her Daddy takes her to her first tailgate, which undoubtedly will mean cold weather in Chicago, she can wear her football themed warmers under her smocked outfit.  Clearly. 

Looking forward to... 
-Babymoon to San Fran in two weeks...seeing as we continue to have good DR. visits...In my head I know that it will be a game time decision about whether I travel. Dr. Star said it was fine...but I just had to know that everywhere I go from now on could be where we deliver a baby.  Anywho...Any suggestions on things to do, places to see, or restaurants to visit? 

-Visit from my sweet Momma at the end of the month and from MA the first week of March.  Looking forward to just enjoying each other before SG arrives.  

Sweet things and Life in General:  
OMG... did y'all see the IG post of SG's first American Girl doll?!?!  This doll was created to look like me which is exactly what I picture Suzanna Grace to look like too...my mini-me. Thank you Brooke, what a perfect and thoughtful gift!



2 comments:

  1. love the new blog look! You continue to look great! Have fun in SanFran :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. First, I want to say I love your blog! Second, you might not remember me or my husband, but we all went to high school together (so that's how I know of your blog in the first place!)
    We went to San Francisco two summers ago for our anniversary and had so much fun! I thought I'd leave you two links to my blog from the days we spent there so that you can see where we ate and what we did! I hope you guys have so much fun!
    ~Ashley Norwood
    http://atoblife.blogspot.com/2012/08/san-francisco-walking-day.html
    http://atoblife.blogspot.com/2012/08/driving-day-in-san-fran.html

    ReplyDelete