Sorry y'all, I took a much needed break over the past week and a half to enjoy time with family and celebrate Jesus' birthday! Oh what fun we had!
How Far Along? 27-28 weeks
27 Weeks at GanGans
28 Weeks
And yes, that is my HS mirror with a Grateful Dead bear...we were once hippies.
Do you notice a trend in my clothing? The black tights are here to stay!
Size?
Yes, yes, and yes. Kyle brought my ASOS order to MS with him on Christmas Eve. I cannot tell you the difference a pair of maternity pants makes when it comes to comfort. The belly band and regular jeans just were not doing it for me anymore. I got a pair of black leggings and two pairs of dark skinnies. Though not maternity, Kyle's Momma also got me a few of those Piko Tees which I have lived in since Christmas. Ah! Leggings and an oversized shirt = HAPPY 7 month preggo girl. Kyle of course rolled his eyes at my 45 lb. suitcase after seeing me in the exact same outfits everyday that we were at home...especially since they were comprised of items that I received once we got to MS. He says it adds to his request to travel with SG and without me from now on.
Weight Gain?
Not sure on exact weight but I can tell that I grew while we were at home. I go to the Dr on the 6th so she will give me an official number. Still feeling great though and making sure to eat, eat, eat...which was not hard being at home for the holidays.
Stretch Marks? Nope, just a few blue veins on my sides. MA says that my stomach is very "moist" which, because of using the Burt's Bees Momma Tummy Lotion twice a day, it is.
Not sure on exact weight but I can tell that I grew while we were at home. I go to the Dr on the 6th so she will give me an official number. Still feeling great though and making sure to eat, eat, eat...which was not hard being at home for the holidays.
Gender? A precious baby GIRL, Suzanna Grace!
Sleep? Yikes! This is proving to be more and more difficult. I wake up at least once to go to the bathroom and then 1-2 more times to switch sides. Suzanna Grace is moving around nearly every time I wake.
Movement? She has started getting, what I am guess are, hiccups. I feel many little jabs over and over for about a minute or two. Kyle was able to feel them the other night too and could not get over it. She not only kicks and jabs but I can feel her stretching her whole body. I also think I may be feeling some pressure in my ribs but not kicks just yet.
Food Cravings? I do not crave anything but basically everything sounds good...except grilled chicken. I have been trying to menu plan for the coming weeks as Kyle begins his three night/week classes on Monday and I still need to have supper each night. I cannot stomach the thought of grilled chicken though and am having a hard time thinking of 1 person meals that don't include it. There is always that KFC on my way home from school....fried chicken still sounds really good.
Anything making you queasy or sick? My stomach curled as I watched/listened to Kyle drink milk from his cereal bowl last night. I have never been a straight up milk drinker but witnessing it being done has never grossed me out until now either.
Labor signs? No! Still have 12 weeks to go!
Belly button in or out? Hehe, she's out. Mary Agnes laughed for awhile at it's movements over the break.
Wedding rings, on or off? On. I will be really sad when/if the answer to this changes... thank goodness for freezing temps which equal less swelling.
What I Miss? Sleeping on my stomach.
Symptoms? My back has been hurting a little but I think it may have had to do with the variety of beds that I was sleeping on while at home. I also have to go to the bathroom a LOT more...Baby Girl sits on my bladder.
Happy or Moody? Happy! We have gotten a LOT done in the nursery and it makes my heart happy to see it all coming together! I find myself just hanging out in her room, touching her clothes, reading through her books, and daydreaming about her being here. Kyle asked me tonight if I'll just stare at her in the room once she arrives...well duh. Isn't this what every first time Momma does?
Best Moment of the Week?
- Oh my, there are too many to name. Being at home with all of our siblings and parents was such a blessing. We were able to spend quality time visiting with just about everyone back home. It was fun to know that the next time we head back to the South Suzanna Grace will be with us! AH!
-Christmas with Kyle...on New Years day. Perhaps this will be our family tradition as long as we are traveling back to MS over the actual holiday. Suzanna Grace received lots of precious baby books to add to her collection. She gave both Kyle and me a gift certificate for a massage, Kyle received a golf GPS thingie, and I received a beautiful bracelet with Suzanna Grace's monogram on it. Poor Kyle had to witness uncontrollable tears as I read her precious books and wore the bracelet. My heart was/is so full.
I LOVE a children's book and these are just precious. I read at least one to her each night. AHH I cannot wait for storytime when she gets here!
-Auntie Booze sent us a fun onsie and booties too. Funny enough when I daydream about Suzanna Grace I see myself as a baby and then picture a mixture of Kyle and me...but mostly me. Mini-GA...LOVE it!
- We also LOVED spending time with friends on New Years Eve. These folks are such blessings in our lives.
-Christmas with Kyle...on New Years day. Perhaps this will be our family tradition as long as we are traveling back to MS over the actual holiday. Suzanna Grace received lots of precious baby books to add to her collection. She gave both Kyle and me a gift certificate for a massage, Kyle received a golf GPS thingie, and I received a beautiful bracelet with Suzanna Grace's monogram on it. Poor Kyle had to witness uncontrollable tears as I read her precious books and wore the bracelet. My heart was/is so full.
I LOVE a children's book and these are just precious. I read at least one to her each night. AHH I cannot wait for storytime when she gets here!
-Auntie Booze sent us a fun onsie and booties too. Funny enough when I daydream about Suzanna Grace I see myself as a baby and then picture a mixture of Kyle and me...but mostly me. Mini-GA...LOVE it!
- We also LOVED spending time with friends on New Years Eve. These folks are such blessings in our lives.
Kyle, GA, Ashlee, Lesley, Geoff, and Napper
-I wish that I had documented New Years day but you know your friends are family when you can share New Years lunch and a nap together. At one point Kyle and Geoff were snoring in unison. Sweet friends and full bellies.
Looking forward to...
Suzanna Grace's Baby Shower over MLK weekend. My Daddy is going to bring all of the nursery furniture that he has built for us too! Hooray!
I mean...how precious is this invite. Keith, Rene's husband, wanted to know if it was a wedding invitation. It is just perfect and I cannot wait!
-Also this weekend marks our first baby prep class. We are taking a tour of the maternity part of the hospital on Sunday. I am excited to see it and ask questions. Kyle wants to know why we can't take an online tour. He claims that he has learned everything via YouTube thus far and that he can learn about deliveries (all that he cares to know beforehand) and newborn care online. We'll see.
Sweet things and Life in General:
Thank you Lord for Glazed and Infused donuts. Since I was one of only a handful of Chicago folks who woke up feeling GOOD on New Years day I ventured out in the snow to grab some of these yummy treats. I just "sampled" a little from all four.
I leapt for joy tonight as I filled in our 2014 calendar when I saw that not only will we have had daylight savings but SPRING will also have just arrived by the time Suzanna Grace gets here at the end of March. It snowed for two days straight here in Chicago (take a look at the snow on our porch) and it's going to get down into the single digits by Sunday. YIKES!
Okay, ya'll, do Mommas really use this? I know it has a filter but sucking the snot out with your mouth?!? As gross as it is, I am pretty sure that I registered for it...Angela says that it won't be her gift of choice for SG and I am hoping that they just send us home from the hospital with that bulb thingie.
Happy Weekend!
XOXO
I leapt for joy tonight as I filled in our 2014 calendar when I saw that not only will we have had daylight savings but SPRING will also have just arrived by the time Suzanna Grace gets here at the end of March. It snowed for two days straight here in Chicago (take a look at the snow on our porch) and it's going to get down into the single digits by Sunday. YIKES!
Okay, ya'll, do Mommas really use this? I know it has a filter but sucking the snot out with your mouth?!? As gross as it is, I am pretty sure that I registered for it...Angela says that it won't be her gift of choice for SG and I am hoping that they just send us home from the hospital with that bulb thingie.
Happy Weekend!
XOXO


No comments:
Post a Comment