Image Map
 photo moore-header_zps8e3044af.jpg

Thursday, January 2, 2014

Christmas Photo Dump

I am so behind on blogging all that has been going on that this post is just going to be a quick iPhone photo dump.  Sometimes stories are best told through pictures anyways...


Suzanna Grace's glamor shot on my Momma's picture tree.


Traditional Christmas Eve gathering with the Rays, Moores, and Dahlems.  Church at First Baptist and then a tenderloin and veggies supper.  We missed Rob and Angela who were in the midst of their 15 hour drive back to MS from WI...in a blizzard. 
Handsome little brother, Duff. 


      
 

Kyle and I rotate who's house we stay at but because the Moore brothers like to sleep a bit later than the Ray crew and MA and Timmy leave after breakfast we always go to my house to exchange gifts first.  

-We were so proud of Mrs. Jeane's Pinterest Monkey Bread that was such a success!
-The boys had to load up the custom piece of furniture that Daddy build for Mr. Timmy before Christmas celebrations could begin. 
-Last Christmas as a family of TWO.  (Don't you just love the mantel full of Nutcrackers?!)
-Matching Mommy and newborn jammies for SG and me in the hospital.  This may have been my favorite gift!  And yes, Kyle will put the robe on for a picture so that we can all three be matching! 


 Rob and me admiring baby jammies.  He is clearly mocking me. 










Duff, Kyle, GA, MA, Timmy, Rob, and Angela on Christmas morning
 
 

After breakfast at Momma and Daddy's, MA and Timmy headed to Marks and we headed to Kyle's parents for Christmas with the Moore's.  Mrs. Jeane had the perfect sparkly pink stocking for Suzanna Grace and it was filled to the brink with precious happies for her.  Baby Ryan joked that this Christmas was all about SG and I think that I would have to agree!  
-Kyle and me with her stocking. 
- Kyle opening her gift from Bryson--a jacket and handmade moccasins from Nepal!  Everyone wished that they too were able to wear the comfy looking shoes!  
-Kyle knows that he is already in over his head with girlie outfits and such.
-Bryson decided that he needed to help open gifts for SG.
  -Precious goodies and dresses from Mrs. Jeane (Sissy) for SG.  PINK Ugg boots and clothes to last her a year.  Thank you Sissy!  
**The following day as I went to leave for my parents house Mrs. Jeane told me that I could leave the box of clothes at her house.  I told her that I wanted to take them with me so that I could look at them...to which to replied that she wanted me to leave them so that she could continue to look at them too ;)  SG, you are loved girlie!

 I hit up a few post Christmas sales around Madison too.  As I reasoned with Kyle, it's either full price next Christmas or 1/2 price now...I mean, I could not pass these up. 



On Friday, Momma and I ventured to Pontotoc to celebrate Christmas with the Duff Family. MA, Timmy, Rob, and Angela met us there while Daddy, Duff, and Kyle could not make it.  (I told Kyle that this may be his last year to have the option of staying back in Madison so he enjoyed the day golfing and spending time with his Dad and having a fun supper with his Momma.)  We played Minute to Win It games and enjoyed a traditional Christmas supper.  We so enjoyed spending time with our sweet GanGan. 

My babysitters growing up surprised us with gifts for Suzanna Grace while we were at home too.  I smiled ear to ear as I opened the gorgeous dresses and we talked about all of the funny times that we shared with Rebecca and Emily growing up.  Needless to say, Suzanna Grace is going to be the best dressed little girl in Chicago. 
 Beautiful wrapping                   Grandmothers admiring sweet baby clothes


"Remember how Rob wanted that bathtime Barbie for his 3rd birthday...Remember the time MA got her belly button stuck in the zipper..." 
A baby robe?!?! I LOVE it!!!

 

-Daddy B checking out the oh so soft baby clothes.  
-Showing off her toddler Lilly Pulitzer place setting. 

While my pictures mostly show the material gifts that were exchanged, we also spent a lot of time giving thanks to the good Lord for the best gift of all...the birth of His Son, THE reason for the season.  Being pregnant put a whole new perspective on Christmas and I found myself tearing up throughout many of our activities.  We are so, so very blessed.

Thank you Ray and Moore parents and siblings (plus the "Ezell girls" and Mrs. Laurie) for all of our wonderful gifts for SG and for giving of your time to us over the past several days.  We love you!

XOXO 


No comments:

Post a Comment