Image Map
 photo moore-header_zps8e3044af.jpg

Sunday, October 6, 2013

Funny Things Men Say About Pregnancy and Babies


Boys/Men, bless them.  Pregnancy is so foreign to them and for many dads-to-be it is hard for them to understand what the new momma is going through.  Goodness, I sometimes don't even know what I am going through.  I have laughed over and over at the things that Kyle, our dads, and even our friends have had to say throughout this pregnancy...and its only been 3 months. I am sure that there will be many more updates to this list.

  1. Kyle: 
Sweet MBA student and Daddy-to-Be, Kyle squeezing in every second to study. ..even at the DR office before our first sonogram.
  • Look at a blurring first sonogram, I asked the tech what all of the blurry lines were.  Kyle, in a you're dumb/matter of fact way, announced "that's the umbilical cord..." The tech then proceeded to wipe off the partial of dust/"umbilical cord" from the screen.  Apparently that early on there isn't even an umbilical cord. Thank you Dr. Kyle.  To his defense, as you can see below...Baby Mo really just looked like a nice size engagement ring at this point so I can see how he might have been confused. 


  • At our first Supper Club of the year, Kyle got cocky and decided that he too could handle pregnancy.  I told him that in a few months we'd replace that down pillow with a watermelon and a few 5 lb. weights. 





  •  I need a little mini-me at some point...this won't be our one and only go around so I am willing to wait but Kyle says that he NEEDS a boy for fear that will have no clue what to do.  I'm not sure that he'll really know what to do with a boy either but at least they will have a  few things in common.  I have been trying to get used to the fact that I may be a mother of boys...and have been doing some researching and daydreaming.  That Kyle...he's funny.  

                           ^^^^^This makes me laugh out loud every single time!

2. Timmy, while checking out all of the precious smocked outfits that my momma has already washed, pressed, and has hanging in my bedroom at home,
 "Will the baby have any casual clothes?"  

                                              The answer...yes, and he/she will sleep in them. 

3.  Our sweet friend Keith (Renee's husband):

"We're having a CPS golden baby!" Keith hears, "We're getting a golden retriever!" I'm not sure which he was more excited about.

4. Our guy friends picked up on me being pregnant from nearly the first day that I found out.  I say all the time that our "family" up here is so very special and close, so I am not surprised by this at all.  The week before we started telling everyone, Kyle was in the burbs with the NU soccer boys for a golf weekend and I guess me being pregnant was the talk of the town.  Of course when I ask Kyle he saids that they talked about nothing substantial, yet I later found out that all of the boys were texting their wives asking what I was doing...and sweet Geoff was even investigating by calling one of my best friends Amanda Fallon.  Bless them. We love them all so much. What wonderful Chicago Aunts and Uncles Baby Mo will have!

5. My Daddy (aka Daddy B):

  • After our second sonogram when we got to hear the heartbeat I sent a mass text to our parents and siblings with Baby MO's stats:
                                          
My sweet daddy, at the time, still had a flip phone with a screen of approximately 1.5 inches.  First of all he could not receive picture texts and then once the group texts started coming back his phone started blowing up.  He said that it buzzed and rang and buzzed and rang and by the time everyone had replied the phone had lost all of its battery life and died.  He had no idea what was going on and called my mom to tell her to call the phone company.  He was certain that someone had signed him up for unwanted texts and that his phone had been compromised.  Needless to say, we got him an iPhone a few days later.

6. Big Jim

  • "Is is a boy or girl?" has been the question that every male that I know has asked nearly immediately after finding out that I was expecting.  Even those males who have had multiple babies throughout their lives.  I had to start being very careful with my early gender references after our first sonogram:


as Big Jim immediately called Mrs. Jeane (Sissy) to ask if we were really able to tell that the embryo was going to be a girl.

Well folks, that's it for today.  I am certain that I have left a few of our "funnies" out but will go ahead and start a new entry that I will add to over the course of the next few months.  I love all of these men dearly and it makes my heart so full to know how excited they are for us.  None of these "call outs" are meant to be ugly, rather they are to help me remember all of the love that was shown to Baby Moore during his OR her first few weeks.

Much Love,


No comments:

Post a Comment