Image Map
 photo moore-header_zps8e3044af.jpg

Sunday, October 13, 2013

16 Week Update

That's not Kyle in the mirror this time.  It's an NU football player.  Kyle is worried about the type of boy I will raise (lace and such mostly) and since the baby can now hear he thinks that he should be surrounded by all things sports and tough.  Plus, we watched "The Book of Manning" and are hoping that this baby will somehow come out ready to be an NFL QB.  Archie, Olivia, call me ;)
I learned this week that showing off/being able to see any bump at all comes down the hand placement.  For some reason the two handed hold really makes it pop!  That, coupled with and a little bit of a back arch.
How Far Along? 16 weeks and 1 day
Size? The baby's or Mine?  Baby is:
This app just amazes me!  I cannot get over how much the baby grows each week.  S/he looks like a BABY now!  The last time we saw him/her she looked more like a sour patch kid than anything else and now s/he can suck her thumb, move, and hear me!  Y'all, GOD is good.
Mine: By the end of the day, I look a little pregnant.  Some day are different than others and some clothes show it off more than others too.  Right now, I am wearing my same clothes. :)  When I walked into Toes' house last weekend for the NU Homecoming game all of our boys gave me the once over before Pat exclaimed, "Well you don't look pregnant..." I'm not sure how one goes about accepting this statement.  Do you say, "Why thank you..." or "Oh, it's still early..." or "I hope that you continue with the kind words for the next 6 months (wink, wink)..."
Maternity Clothes? The black dress that I am wearing in the picture is actually maternity but I only bought it because I wanted a black maxi dress--this one was on sale and the regular one wasn't.  Saving up for that Bugaboo stroller, right?!  Right now, I am just wearing my regular clothes and maybe unbuttoning my jeans after dinner...
Weight Gain? We will find out about weight gain on Monday at my DR appointment. I am guessing a few pounds, which I am very happy about because it means Baby Mo is healthy!  We do not have a scale at our house and I am not planning on really keeping up with this.  Just going off of how I feel. :)
Stretch Marks? 
No, but my sweet friends Michelle and Sarah have both compiled a "Being pregnant with, birthing, and raising a city baby Guide" for me and I am planning on getting some of the anti-stretch mark cream they recommended this weekend. 
Gender? We just have no idea... I will schedule the gender sonogram once I go on Monday.  We are planning a gender reveal for our friends and family on Nov. 2 so we are getting close!  As I have said before, I want a mini-me (well two actually because she'll need a sister) but I will be overwhelmed with joy to find out that we are having a boy or a girl.  Kyle is positive that it's a boy and is planning on finding out before the actual gender reveal party.  Our dear friend Geoff asked if he could find out with Kyle before the gender reveal out of fear that he might SIGH loudly if it's not a boy. Clarkie pointed out that they are all just scared of how a baby girl will steal their hearts...very true.  (As MA observed at our friends supper club on Friday, our guy friends really talk about the baby so much and it makes my heart so happy.)
Sleep? Varies.  Kyle says that if being tired is a sign of pregnancy then I have been pregnant since he has known me. ;)  I get super tired in the afternoon and then usually fall asleep by 9:30 or so...this isn't too unusual though.  I also cat napped during our card game Friday at supper club.  Honestly, I probably would have done that pregnant or not, but because I am, no one judges me.  Thanks y'all. 
Movement? Not yet, but my friend Kate Templin who is about a month ahead of me said last weekend that she thought that she felt something.  I am anxiously awaiting the day!  Maybe another month or so?
Food Cravings? Not really.  I have tried to cut out caffeine during the week but need a coke icee by Saturday.  I also had to stop cleaning out the 2nd bedroom yesterday to make some sweet iced tea.  Nothing crazy though.  Again, my love for candy is not a pregnancy thing unless, as Kyle says, I have been pregnant my whole life.  
Anything making you queasy or sick? No, thank goodness. 
Labor signs? No!  Still a LLLOOONNNGGG way to go.  
Belly button in or out? This is funny.  My belly button is still IN but it has changed. No one could possibly understand or even see the change but it looks different to me. 
Wedding rings, on or off? On and fitting the same.  Went to look at and try on "push present" 3rd bands this weekend (hint, hint...)
What I Miss? Nothing really.  I do not even crave a sip of wine or beer (now...) and have actually been telling our friends how productive, healthy, and clear minded I feel now that I am not drinking and am eating, somewhat, more consciously.
Symptoms? I have NEVER had heartburn before but have been getting it a little over the past week or so.  Pregnancy....
Happy or Moody? SUPER happy!  I dream about this sweet child every single night and wake up in the morning thinking of the rest of our lives with this (and hopefully many more) little Moores!
Best Moment of the Week? Mary Agnes came into town on Thursday and we have been on the move since I picked her up from the airport!  I'll post more on her visit later but the best moment has been cleaning out the second bedroom and making room for a new daybed, crib, and glider!  AHH!  This is getting real!!
Looking forward to..Oh so much!  We go to Mexico for the Napper wedding in two weekends and then when we get back we have our gender reveal party!  At this point, each day has it's own exciting event.  Really looking forward to ordering the crib and glider too! 

No comments:

Post a Comment