Image Map
 photo moore-header_zps8e3044af.jpg

Sunday, October 20, 2013

17 Week Update

Sorry, no "bump update" picture today.  I'll try to have Kyle take one tonight or early next week.  No doubt there will be BUMP overload next weekend after our trip to Mexico :)

How Far Along? 17 weeks and 2 days

Size? Baby is:

As my Momma says, "I just love sweet potatoes!"

Maternity Clothes? Same ole, same ole.  I told Kyle on Wednesday that I wasn't feeling well around lunch time...then I realized that my pants were too tight and were cutting off circulation.  Nothing that an unbuttoning couldn't fix.  I still have not had a chance to tell my Principal or students' families (I am not waiting on anything...it just hasn't come up) yet so I have been wearing lots of scarves, vests, and flow-y shirts to work...come to think of it though...those things are really staples in my outfits anyways so I guess not much has changed. 

Weight Gain? I went to the DR on Monday and, fully clothed with my boots on, I have gained 6 pounds since finding out that I was pregnant.  She said that was a good thing and that I was right on track.  Steady weight gain means Baby Mo is healthy! 

Stretch Marks? 
Nope, thank goodness.  I hear that this is mostly genetic too. Momma?? 

Gender? We just have no idea... Kyle and I will go for our sonogram on Friday, Nov. 1 and then we are celebrating with friends and family on the 2nd.  


I am beyond thrilled to see Baby Mo again---s/he, according to my app and other friends' sonograms, looks so much different than our sour patch kid sonogram at 8 weeks.  It is hard to believe that when we see him/her again s/he will LOOK like a baby!  I know it's going to be super emotional and I cannot wait!  We decided last night that Kyle and Geoff will be the only ones to know the gender...WAIT....Yeah, I know..."and Geoff"?!?!  

Kyle agreed to let me set up an iPad so that I can see his reaction to finding out but he said that he wants me to find out at the party (or else, he says, there is no point in having a party...)  Our sweet friends Geoff and Ashlee cannot join us for the  party so Geoff, not Ashlee (just yet), will know too.  I know that sounds ridiculous but this Baby has so many Chicago Aunts and Uncles that love him/her already that I am willing to let ole Geoff have a chance to celebrate with Kyle.  Uncle JohnJohn (Carlstedt) requested that he be the one to do the actual gender reveal (more on how we are doing this later...)
I decided to do evites instead of paper invites so that I could put my budget towards hiring a photographer and am really excited that a cute little up and coming photographer agreed to shoot this fun night!  You can check out some of her work here: http://jovanairene.com/ 

Sleep? I fall asleep easily and sleep through the night...may get up once some nights.  On the weekends I am up by 6:30 because my mind is RUNNING, RUNNING, RUNNING, about Baby Mo! AHH!!

Movement? Not yet.  My app says that it could start any day now or hold off until week 20 or after.  I have been really conscious of any and all tummy feelings in anticipation of Baby Mo's little jabs.

Food Cravings? Not really.  As I am typing this though I would really like some donuts from Glazed and Infused...but that's pretty normal for a weekend craving. 

Anything making you queasy or sick? No, thank goodness. 

Labor signs? No!  Still a LLLOOONNNGGG way to go. Well...about 23 weeks anyways.

Belly button in or out? Still in but, like I mentioned last week, different.

Wedding rings, on or off? On and fitting the same.  My right hand ring even seems a bit more loose. 

What I Miss? Deli meat?  I don't really miss it but sometimes when I walk by a cute little deli I just wish I could have cold deli meat.  (That sounds weird.)

Symptoms? Nothing new really.  It seems like my answers to these questions are about the same from last week.  It will be strange when they start to change.

Happy or Moody? SUPER happy!  I dream about this sweet child every single night and wake up in the morning thinking of the rest of our lives with this (and hopefully many more) little Moores!

Best Moment of the Week? On Monday, MA got to go with me to the Doctor.  I met a third doctor in the practice, Dr. Darrell, and fell more in love with my hospital!  She walked in with a huge smile, mirrored MA's and my excitement and noise level, and just had the sweetest spirit.  She poked on my tummy for a second and then found the heartbeat right away. MA was able to record our 140-147/minute heartbeat and the sound was even more glorious than the other times what we have heard it.  Baby Mo's heartbeat at 16 weeks 3 days:


After I sent the baby stats to our families on Monday, Mrs. Jeane went searching through Kyle's baby stuff and found Baby Kyle's heartbeat at around 6 months!  How wild! 
I actually think that Kyle's sound from 20 some-odd years ago is more clear than the one that MA did on the iPhone of Baby Mo...thanks Apple.

My Momma says that she has Baby B (MA),C (Rob), and D (Duff) but cannot seem to find Baby A (me).

This seems to have become the longest section but we had a lot going on this week...


Another favorite was this "pink vote" that came in from our dear New York friends, Will and Samantha. 

Kyle and Will played soccer together at NU and has been a precious friend to both of us for 10 years.  He was even in our wedding.  Samantha is my unofficial Australian cousin and also a SUPER talented jewelry designer.  Check out her beautiful collections here: Samantha Wills  
Senior Year Halloween.  Left to Right, Will, Justin (Stewy), MA, Pat, Me, Kyle, Uncle JohnJohn.
Needless to say, 6 years has done us well!   While I am pretty positive that both Will and Kyle had on those spandex shorts under their wedding suits, I think it's safe to say that they both "out punted their coverage."
Also this week, I got to have a fun night out on the town with my good ole Sumner teacher friends.  

Many of us have gone our separate ways from Sumner but I am glad that we have remained close.  Baby, baby, baby was the hot topic of the night as we were able to meet Josy's little guy, Luke, for the first time and we celebrated Susan's and my recent baby news!  Sweet Susan has recently been notified that she and her husband will become the proud parents of a PRECIOUS little guy from Korea in the next few months...maybe even around the same time that Baby Mo arrives!  Play dates?!  Yes, please!  We talked at length about how amazing GOD's plans are for our lives.  HE led us both away from our old school and into places that we LOVE because HE knew that we needed that stability and additional happiness in our lives before we expanded our families.  I've said it before and I'll say it again, GOD IS GOOD! 

My heart is SO full, y'all!   

Looking forward to..NOV. 2 and finding out if this sweet baby is a "red headed soccer player or a blue eyed queen"!  Thank heavens my mother has finished a boy, girl, and gender neutral smocked outfit for the celebration.  It would be a Southern tragedy to not have some piece of smocked clothing ready upon the announcement  of the gender. Goodness.  Kyle is super worried about HIS boy being raised by "women who would put their sons in dresses."  By the way, they are day gowns and I believe I recall hearing a story about one Tyler Rosamond who asked that his newborn boy be put back in the dress during one very late night/early morning diaper changing session.  You'll see Kyle...

Little Brother Rob told MA that he has been smocking for weeks now too..
Bless him.

We are also heading to Mexico for the Napper wedding on Thursday and we cannot wait!!!  5 days of fun in the sun with sweet friends!  Hooray!!

Well, this has turned into a short story.  Sorry!  
Thanks for your prayers for our family and this sweet child.  We feel them everyday!

No comments:

Post a Comment