Size? During the sonogram Brianna said that Carolina James was about 5.5 pounds which puts her around the 28%. That was a drop from the sono 2 weeks before BUT no one was concerned since she still has 3 weeks to cook and they don't expect me to have an 8 or 9 pound baby anyways.
Maternity Clothes? Oh yeah. Thank you Lord for stretchy pants. Some of my flowy tops are getting a little too short and last week at MMO drop off my belly button was showing after my shirt slipped up. Luckily I only spoke to one of Kyle's co-workers like this and he's a male who didn't know where to go anyways so he didn't notice.
Weight Gain? At my 36.5 week appointment I weighed 145 lbs.
Weight Gain? At my 36.5 week appointment I weighed 145 lbs.
Stretch Marks? Nope, Burt's Bees Momma Tummy Lotion. Buttered up just like a greased turkey. I was really itchy though, which I know means that I am stretching.
Gender? A sweet, precious, already so loved little sissy, Carolina James
Sleep? It varies night to night. Last night I never really got to sleep but did have some weird dreams about eating donut holes and buying a house...both things that had been on my mind and that I clearly wasn't letting go of. I also wake up around 5:30 am many mornings and cannot get back to sleep. I've been trying to stay in bed to just rest but sometimes I read a few articles on my new favorite app, Medium, so that I can have adult conversations that don't only revolve around parenting. Ironically, the articles that I read are still parenting related as they are mostly focused on education, self-improvement, and start-ups. Earlier this week I read this in one of the articles and had to take a screenshot. Such a wonderful reminder of the work that I hope to do each day and to model for my children.
Food Cravings? S'More poptarts.
Anything making you queasy or sick? nope
Labor signs? No!
Belly button in or out? HAHA! Out and proud. Herb can be seen through all of my shirts. SG pokes it and says, "baby."
Wedding rings, on or off? On and fitting well.
What I Miss? Not being sore at the end of the day.
Symptoms? none
Happy or Moody? Happy! I love being pregnant, especially these last few weeks. I am so at peace with her expected arrival, plans for SG, and really everything surrounding our family growing. While I cannot wait to welcome our precious Carolina James, I am also basking in the fun of Suzanna Grace as well as the time that I have to spend with their Daddy before we have a newborn again. Life is good.
Dr. Visit Update: Carolina James has flipped and is head down! Hooray!
Best Moment of the Week/Month:
Daddy's co-workers showered him with gifts for Carolina James and Big Sissy got to help move everything into her room. She is such a worker bee and good helper! SG was so proud of herself for stacking the wipes and carrying them to CJs room all by herself.
My dear friend is doing a maternity sketch of me for Carolina James' room. I love my (and really anyones for that matter) pregnant body and think it's such a beautiful reminder of GODs miracle of babies. I didn't have any pregnant photos taken when I was pregnant with SG and knew that I wanted to do something special this time around. Caroline posted this sneak peek of the beginnings of the sketch and I CANNOT wait to see the end result. I know that it will be something that I will treasure now and forever and that my girls will hopefully at least appreciate when they too are mothers (if not before.)
I have also been marking things off my "before CJ comes" check list all week. These are things that I CAN control so being able to mark them off makes me feel SO accomplished.
-her room is complete (minus the lock on the door to keep big sissy out and a few "extras" that I am having monogrammed)
-the carseat is clean and ready-plus Britax sent me a whole new seat cover
-my "CJ birth plan/SG Daily Schedule" document/novel for whoever watches SG when CJ comes is complete and includes literally every detail that you could imagine about our day to day activities (plus it's color coded). I think that I should sell the template for this thing/if you are expecting another baby and want a copy, I'll just share it with you.
AND my greatest two achievements and the things that I am MOST proud of:
-ALL of CJ and SG's Christmas gifts (and most, if not all of the other family members) Christmas gifts have been purchased and wrapped and many are already IN Madison
-I finished creating our first ever Advent Calendar, purchased everything for each of the daily activities, and organized it all by day so that SG can carry on with our alternating days of "blessing for others" and "blessings for our family" even if we are at the hospital with CJ. I am going to post the details separately but this really is the single thing that I am most looking forward to as we begin our Christmas traditions.
Daddy's co-workers showered him with gifts for Carolina James and Big Sissy got to help move everything into her room. She is such a worker bee and good helper! SG was so proud of herself for stacking the wipes and carrying them to CJs room all by herself.
My dear friend is doing a maternity sketch of me for Carolina James' room. I love my (and really anyones for that matter) pregnant body and think it's such a beautiful reminder of GODs miracle of babies. I didn't have any pregnant photos taken when I was pregnant with SG and knew that I wanted to do something special this time around. Caroline posted this sneak peek of the beginnings of the sketch and I CANNOT wait to see the end result. I know that it will be something that I will treasure now and forever and that my girls will hopefully at least appreciate when they too are mothers (if not before.)
I have also been marking things off my "before CJ comes" check list all week. These are things that I CAN control so being able to mark them off makes me feel SO accomplished.
-her room is complete (minus the lock on the door to keep big sissy out and a few "extras" that I am having monogrammed)
-the carseat is clean and ready-plus Britax sent me a whole new seat cover
-my "CJ birth plan/SG Daily Schedule" document/novel for whoever watches SG when CJ comes is complete and includes literally every detail that you could imagine about our day to day activities (plus it's color coded). I think that I should sell the template for this thing/if you are expecting another baby and want a copy, I'll just share it with you.
AND my greatest two achievements and the things that I am MOST proud of:
-ALL of CJ and SG's Christmas gifts (and most, if not all of the other family members) Christmas gifts have been purchased and wrapped and many are already IN Madison
-I finished creating our first ever Advent Calendar, purchased everything for each of the daily activities, and organized it all by day so that SG can carry on with our alternating days of "blessing for others" and "blessings for our family" even if we are at the hospital with CJ. I am going to post the details separately but this really is the single thing that I am most looking forward to as we begin our Christmas traditions.









No comments:
Post a Comment