Image Map
 photo moore-header_zps8e3044af.jpg

Wednesday, May 22, 2013

What My Kids Say Wednesday--a post that never made it...

Now that I am attempting to "clean up" and reorganize my blog...really I am just trying to finish SG's 1 year Blog book and catch up on the last 6 months of being pregnant with #2...I am finding some posts that just never made it to being published.  Most were not worth publishing but this one was.  I taught on the west side of Chicago for 6 of the 8 years that we lived in Chicago.  These kids were my first babies and I keep up with many of them to this day...

Here is the post that never made it:



I laugh every day at the things that come out of my students' mouths. They are an endless means of entertainment, wisdom, and wit. This post includes a variety of sayings and doings that I found on my computer but I'll try to get better at keeping up with them and sharing on a weekly basis...or at least until school gets out.

Last year after a series of unfortunate events that included this sweet soul getting in trouble more times than I can count he was finally banned from our year of the year field trip. A few days before the trip he asked if there was any way that he could regain the privilege. I explained that he would have to do something really impressive if that was going to happen...we'll this petition and all of his friends' signatures proved to be enough to win this teacher over...I signed too.

PS-One of his promises was to share his extensive knowledge of all of the zoo animals with his classmates.


I especially love that "Julia" has a heart shaped upper body and a mini-skirt while "James" has on no clothes and has only one eye. 

The comment about weave is funny...but the explanation for admiration is pretty sweet.

Well...this isn't quite the definition for weave that I anticipated students learning while reading Charlotte's Web but this does show a great understanding...I especially love the synonym and antonym.

Kyle says the best part about this one is that the kid knows who Rey Mysterio is...I don't know. I enjoy adding word bubbles to all of this student's drawings. I think that together we'd make a pretty legit comic book.


After a long afternoon sitting in a 98 degree classroom, tensions were high and this sweet soul was having a hard time staying focused and not arguing with a student in another group...his friends created these blinders for him to wear...he's looking at a computer screen...not through the eyes. Now that's problem solving.

                                           
                                               I laugh every time. "She will be broke..." Yup.

                                                                        Bless him.

I screamed in terror when these "little people" came to our ISAT pep rally too. Apparently they are a "big attraction" at many west side weddings and parties.

Stay tuned for What My Kids Say Wednesday next week! We've got plenty of field trips coming up too so this should get interesting. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment