For Kyle's birthday I gave him a Moore Family Yearbook that has pictures, records of fun moments, etc. (Isn't that just like a good wife...gift something to your husband that you really want. I'm pretty sure that no husband wants anything that their wife pinned on Pintrest...unless it has something to do with hot wings...in which case my Kyle doesn't care where it comes from just as long as they're extra spicy.) Anyways, at the least, if I can get better about keeping up with our lives on something like this then maybe I'll also hold myself more accountable to documenting our lives in pictures.
Example A of why my "life moments" need to be better documented:
The only picture that I had to record Bryson's fall trip to Chicago was a "fat face" picture Leslie took while we drank champagne in someones company borrowed suburban at a NU football tailgate. At least it's funny...
I write all of this, in the longest and most round about way, to say that I hope to be better about posting and keeping at least one reader (Momma I know you'll be a follower) updated on our lives.
So without further rumblings...lets get to our first real post and photo dump.
Double Decker 2013
Lawd. Could the weekend have been more perfect? Kyle and I literally had the most perfect timing at the airport bright and early Friday morning, we enjoyed a fabulous day of visiting with our sweet GanGan (golf for the boys), and a "no rain" Double Decker day. I.LOVE.Oxford.
If you follow me on Instagram @georgiaanne or are friends with me on the good ole stalking machine of Facebook then you've already seen the annoyingly high number of pictures I uploaded. Honestly, I just think that a good "Nashville" edited Instagram makes everyone/thing look better--even after a long day of Double Decker-ing. (Can I get an a'men?)
So here's the run down:
Friday morning MA and Timmy picked us up in Memphis and we headed to Oxford. This precious lady met us there and MA, GanGan, and I enjoyed our yearly girls lunch at City Grocery.
How precious is this lady? We love her.
We drove GanGan back to Pontotoc and she encouraged me to take a look at her brandied fruit since my concoction didn't turn out so well in December. (Our 25 year old son/house guest at the time,Eamon, was pretty sure that I was just making something that would eventually kill us all either by exploding or when we actually consumed it. BTW it was sadly thrown out after a solid month of me trying various trick from GanGan in an attempt to salvage the friendship potion.)
The boys played a little golf and MA and I proceeded to make our way around to all of our Oxford favorites. Later that night, MA and I enjoyed spending some time with Rachel and Clay before their big engagement celebration. At approximately 9:30 (as predicted by Rachel herself) Kyle and I managed to make it over to see all of the girls and the husbands at Alicia's house. Oh how I enjoy our friends.
How precious is this lady? We love her.
We drove GanGan back to Pontotoc and she encouraged me to take a look at her brandied fruit since my concoction didn't turn out so well in December. (Our 25 year old son/house guest at the time,Eamon, was pretty sure that I was just making something that would eventually kill us all either by exploding or when we actually consumed it. BTW it was sadly thrown out after a solid month of me trying various trick from GanGan in an attempt to salvage the friendship potion.)
The boys played a little golf and MA and I proceeded to make our way around to all of our Oxford favorites. Later that night, MA and I enjoyed spending some time with Rachel and Clay before their big engagement celebration. At approximately 9:30 (as predicted by Rachel herself) Kyle and I managed to make it over to see all of the girls and the husbands at Alicia's house. Oh how I enjoy our friends.
#thehigheryourhairthecloseryouaretogod
Saturday MA and I woke up early, grabbed tea and a muffin, and walked around Oxford. I love looking at all of the homes that surround the Square and walking my old college route made me wish that I still lived there! (PS-I actually LOVE living in Chicago and walking around here too...its just that it snowed here the weekend before DD and...its about 40 degrees here still...AHHH!!) Momma and Daddy arrived right before noon and we spent the rest of the day walking around and looking at all of the arts and crafts and listening to the bands. For a 95% chance of rain kind of day, there wasn't a single drop until we were finishing up dinner at Chef/Little Brother Rob's restaurant McEwens. If you haven't eaten there yet, I highly recommend it plus the Exec. Chef is pretty awesome if I do say so myself.
And...here's a photo dump of the day...
My Daddy, Kyle, and Timmy (MA's husband) solving the problems of the world.
Kyle, Yours Truly, and Bryson
Sweet Kyle, celebrating one year since being accepted to Kellogg.
"Thanks for all that you do for me, Barry."
Missing the Moore parents
Bryson, Your Truly, Kyle, and Ryan
Executive Chef Rob "Danger" Ray
Proud Momma, Rob, and Daddy
Family picture minus Rob and Duff
(Of course, we missed Baby Brother Duff who was in Austin, TX for a wedding and Big Jim and Jeane who were in the BVI.)
Saturday Momma, Daddy, and I took another stroll around the Square before we all met up for pizza at Soulshine. We truly had the best time and could not have planned for anything better. The weather was wonderful and the company was even better. We are truly blessed.
Goodness gracious...that's a long first post.
Saturday MA and I woke up early, grabbed tea and a muffin, and walked around Oxford. I love looking at all of the homes that surround the Square and walking my old college route made me wish that I still lived there! (PS-I actually LOVE living in Chicago and walking around here too...its just that it snowed here the weekend before DD and...its about 40 degrees here still...AHHH!!) Momma and Daddy arrived right before noon and we spent the rest of the day walking around and looking at all of the arts and crafts and listening to the bands. For a 95% chance of rain kind of day, there wasn't a single drop until we were finishing up dinner at Chef/Little Brother Rob's restaurant McEwens. If you haven't eaten there yet, I highly recommend it plus the Exec. Chef is pretty awesome if I do say so myself.
And...here's a photo dump of the day...
My Daddy, Kyle, and Timmy (MA's husband) solving the problems of the world.
Kyle, Yours Truly, and Bryson
Sweet Kyle, celebrating one year since being accepted to Kellogg.
"Thanks for all that you do for me, Barry."
Missing the Moore parents
Executive Chef Rob "Danger" Ray
Proud Momma, Rob, and Daddy
Family picture minus Rob and Duff
(Of course, we missed Baby Brother Duff who was in Austin, TX for a wedding and Big Jim and Jeane who were in the BVI.)
Saturday Momma, Daddy, and I took another stroll around the Square before we all met up for pizza at Soulshine. We truly had the best time and could not have planned for anything better. The weather was wonderful and the company was even better. We are truly blessed.
Goodness gracious...that's a long first post.

GA try to post more than once a year.... :)
ReplyDelete