How Far Along? 28 weeks
Sweet Carolina James, it is hard to get a moment to myself these days so big sissy is in our 28 week shot. Suzanna Grace is so excited about "baby sissy" and you will no doubt be her absolute favorite. She loves to give you kisses and a "pat,pat" while saying, "baby....sissy" and smiling.
Size?
Maternity Clothes? Oh yes. In fact I foolishly tried to slip into a pair of pants on this very morning and got stuck. There was no using the belly band to keep them up, no the zipper wouldn't budge and the legs were painted on. Needless to say, Momma is now enjoying the comforts of elastic waist pants exclusively. Last pregnancy I lived in piko tops and this year I have discovered their dresses. Can I get an AMEN for this brand?!
Weight Gain? At my 28 week appointment I weighed 136.
Weight Gain? At my 28 week appointment I weighed 136.
Stretch Marks? Nope, Burt's Bees Momma Tummy Lotion. Buttered up just like a greased turkey.
Gender? A sweet, precious, already so loved little sissy, Carolina James
Sleep? What's that? Some nights I sleep soundly but most nights I just have a hard time getting comfortable. I can really only get comfortable on my back but then I wake up in pain because of all the weight that is sitting on me. Kate has offered her pregnancy pillow which I plan to get tomorrow and I have also ordered a belly support band that I will try to wear during the day and maybe at night too. Of course it doesn't help that when I do wake up, I then lay there daydreaming about my girls and our future together as a family.
Movement? It's so funny how Carolina James (and probably all babies for that matter) are connected to their mother's emotions and feelings. At the beginning of last week, after our beach trip, I was worn out and couldn't get my energy back. She was less active too. Once I started feeling better she began bouncing around all over again. The nurse laughed during the heartbeat reading this week because she said that she could feel CJ jumping around. I can watch my tummy move with her movements too. Oh how I love the feeling of my sweet SG going nite,nite on my chest and my precious CJ kicking inside. Thank you, again, Lord for the miracle of babies.
Food Cravings? Anything and everything SWEET. Someone stuck another 1 lb bag of peanut M&Ms in my buggie at the grocery store...so I guess I'll have to eat them. I heard on a TED talks podcast this week that it has been proven that babies who's mothers ate chocolate while pregnant were happier and more outgoing than those who's mothers did not. Just like SG, CJ is going to be a very happy girlie! Also loving that honey crisp apples are back at Kroger.
Anything making you queasy or sick? Nope
Labor signs? No!
Belly button in or out? Herb has been out and proud for awhile now.
Wedding rings, on or off? On and fitting well.
What I Miss? Nothing.
Symptoms? Just tired and a little sore. Hoping the belly support band will help.
Happy or Moody? How could the answer to this be anything but HAPPY. Crazy enough I have met several girls in my neighborhood who are expecting girls right around the same time as me. Lindsey and Caroline both have little boys a few months older than SG and I know we will have fun getting everyone together when our girls come too!
Dr. Visit Update: I am using the midwifes and met with Shania this week. I just love how laid back and encouraging they are. I was measuring at 27 weeks and the nurse shrugged it off and said, no big deal. You and the baby are healthy...we will just continue to watch it. They also take plenty of time to chat and answer questions. I was so sad to leave Dr. Heraty and while I wish that I could still use her, I think that these midwives are going to be awesome and help us to have the same great labor and delivery experience.
Best Moment of the Week/Month: Working on the nursery AND receiving your very first monogrammed outfit from SuSu.
My precious littlest angel girl,
You are a mover and a shaker but I can tell already that you have a sweet little spirit. Your big sissy loves you so much and your parents cannot wait to meet you. It's hard to believe that we will have another baby in just a few months and the reality of it all hits me in different ways each day. I have a hard time picturing you right now but I am willing to bet that will have something to do with your spontaneous and relaxed personality. I pray that you have all of the good qualities of all of our family members and I think you'll probably remind me daily to not sweat the small stuff. I know that your smile will melt our hearts. We love, love, love, love you. Grow, grow, grow baby girl.
Love, Momma














No comments:
Post a Comment